Honda Rebel Forum banner
21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
83 Honda CM250C
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Ok so i was able to acquire a known working cdi for relatively cheap. I don't have the time at the moment to wire it up but tomorrow I will. As soon as I have it hooked up I will let you know how it goes. So to recap I have a 2000 rebel stator in my 83 cm250 and the flywheel has thinner magnets installed so the stator can fit. Next step is to wire up a 2nd gen cdi (from a 2003 rebel) to the harness and if all goes well, i won't die.... (joking). Wish me luck!

·
Super Moderator
1987 CMX250C AC
2,466 Posts
Good luck.
I too learned a bit more about winding a stator..
if it ever comes to it, I'll closely observe which direction the windings are wound

·
Premium Member
85 CMX 250C, 82 GW Remember that you are invisible, treat all others accordingly. Avoids Road RAGE!
929 Posts
I have a different question about your cm250 if you don't mind? That has a center stand does it not? Do you think it'll fit a rebel?
I've been watching this thread with much curiosity. I hope all goes well with your repairs.

·
Registered
83 Honda CM250C
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
I have a different question about your cm250 if you don't mind? That has a center stand does it not? Do you think it'll fit a rebel?
I've been watching this thread with much curiosity. I hope all goes well with your repairs.
Yes it does have a center stand, but to be perfectly honest I do not know if it would be a direct fit. Im sure with a little fabrication you could get it to fit if it doesnt at first but that goes without saying. and I dont know if its just my bike or if all the cm250s are like mine but to get it on that stand is a huge pain. twice ive caught my foot between the center and side stand when getting it on the center.

·
Premium Member
85 CMX 250C, 82 GW Remember that you are invisible, treat all others accordingly. Avoids Road RAGE!
929 Posts
Thank you. I ordered you CM250 Center stand. I'll have to make sure I design it such that my foot doesn't get caught 😋!

Reactions: Justsomeguy

·
Super Moderator
30,914 Posts
The center stand will fit, but you need a way to attach it to the Rebel.

twice ive caught my foot between the center and side stand when getting it on the center.
Raising the side stand before putting the bike on the center stand will get it out of the way, but shouldn't be needed when using proper technique. How to get a motorcycle on and off the centerstand - YouTube

·
Registered
83 Honda CM250C
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Raising the side stand before putting the bike on the center stand will get it out of the way, but shouldn't be needed when using proper technique. How to get a motorcycle on and off the centerstand - YouTube
[/QUOTE]
i bought the bike used and cant put the cented stand down when the other one is up. I couldnt figure out why. i know how to do it on other bikes, this one is a special case though heres a before and after of the bike
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive parking light

·
Registered
83 Honda CM250C
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 · (Edited)
ill go on another section of the forum and have the details of everything thats been done to that bike. its alot...... sort of...

·
Premium Member
929 Posts
Looking forward to see the pictures of the changes as they happened.

·
Registered
83 Honda CM250C
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
I haven't forgotten about you guys, I've just been so busy lately that I haven't had a minute to sit down and mess with it

·
Premium Member
929 Posts
👍

·
Registered
83 Honda CM250C
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
well i am sorry to disapoint everyone that was a part of this, but today I went to donate plasma and while i was out someone broke into the garage and stole the bike, my tools, and anything else of value. so right now im back to square -1. only thing my cameras saw was a truck with no license plate and some people wearing hoodies

·
Premium Member
929 Posts
It wasn't you that gave the disappointment.
So sorry! This world is getting worse everyday.
Police have any ideas or hopes for recovery?
Someone was obviously watching close by. Check your camera for a few days prior. You may have caught the criminals on camera casing your home previous to this.
I know my brother did with his cameras. He posted their likeness on the outside of his house. The man was looking straight at the camera.

·
Registered
83 Honda CM250C
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
It wasn't you that gave the disappointment.
So sorry! This world is getting worse everyday.
Police have any ideas or hopes for recovery?
Someone was obviously watching close by. Check your camera for a few days prior. You may have caught the criminals on camera casing your home previous to this.
I know my brother did with his cameras. He posted their likeness on the outside of his house. The man was looking straight at the camera.
I have blink cameras so they only get about a minute at a time. I have an idea of who it could be but it's not like I live in the safest neighborhood to begin with... so who knows, maybe they can't fix the bike and they leave it somewhere. Doubt it. But wishful thinking. Thanks again everyone

·
Registered
83 Honda CM250C
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
Well good news and bad news. Bad news is bike was recovered. Not by police but found on the side of the road. Not sure what they did aside from ruin my day but almost everything seems intact besides the seat missing. Luckily I got a spare. Now for the good news. I was able to get some money together from a side job to buy the parts I actually need for the dang thing. Keep a look out for a page called " there is no I in parallelogram" just kidding itll be called "someguys cm250"

·
Premium Member
929 Posts
Glad to hear you got it back, just a shame that they took it in the 1st place, Along with your tools.Focus on the positive things in life!
Looking forward to more posts about the fixes.
I just don't understand why it's bad news that you got the bike back?

·
Super Moderator
30,914 Posts
The bad news could be if the bike was insured, he might get more from a claim than he has invested in it. But since it was recovered, that's not an option. Either way, glad you got it back.

·
Registered
83 Honda CM250C
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
not insured, i was just saying it to be moronic. it would throw off whoever read it lol. but thanks everyone!

21 - 39 of 39 Posts