Honda Rebel Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Why am I so interested in a V-Star 250? Even I don't understand it. Maybe it has to do with the fact that I like the Rebel so well, that something deep in me seems to suggest that I may like the V-Star even more. Is it possible? Dunno.

I'm seriously kicking around buying one. A late model, low miles used … or possibly a new one.

Am I stupid or what? I don't know why it appeals to me. I won't sell The Piglet. Well, maybe I should state it like this. I'll probably own both of them for a year or two and after I make up my mind which I like best, I'll sell the other.

Crazy idea? Or what?

7milesout

·
Registered
139 Posts
You owe it to yourself to follow up on your interest in the Yamaha, life is too short.

·
Registered
289 Posts
I rode a friend's; it is a nice bike except the clutch has a very weird engagement point compared to every bike I've ever ridden. Make sure you ride one first to make sure the clutch engagement doesn't drive you crazy, as from what I have read it is not adjustable.

Beyond that clutch, it's pretty cool to ride a v-twin that size.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Alan & Lexiyntax - Thanks for the kind words. What's weird is, in my youth (20's) I roadraced really fast motorcycles. While I do still think it would be fun to do that again (but I will not), I have no real interest in sport bikes. However, technologically I think they're cool. They just really don't have much use for me on the streets. It's just too easy to get the law after you. And, they have to be ridden like a moped to stay out of trouble. Maybe it's the whole saying about it being more fun to ride a slow bike fast, than to ride a fast bike slow.

Anywho - I'm kind of in a spot right now that I could spend a few dollars. And due to the virus, I think I might be able to get a steal of a deal. I think I may see how that may work out. I've got a scooter too right now in my fleet. I thought I would like it more than I do. So I'm going to sell it. I should be able to get more for it than I spend on a V-Star.

·
Registered
3 Posts
As a current owner of both a Rebel and a V-Star 250 I honestly like both equivalently but in different ways. The Rebel seems more forgiving, with the weight distributed lower or at least feeling lower. The V-Star has that awesome v twin sound and is a really polished ride, but the weight seems higher and clutch engagement action give it a different feel.

I like both rides quite a bit, and it would be hard to decide between the two for sure. My advice is to have one of each. Admittedly I would love to have a Suzuki TU250X in the herd as well.

Good luck!

·
Registered
674 Posts
Tongue in cheek comment: Do not buy Vstar 250. Sell Rebel. Buy a Kawasaki Vulcan 500 six speed and still have a light bike with plenty of power and good economy and it doesn't feel like a Mixmaster in top gear at highway speed..It also has a bulletproof engine..MaKaw made this bike for decades...
Yeah, still have my Rebel, but it is for sale.

·
Super Moderator
29,176 Posts
You're selling the Rebel? Any chance you'd sell the Corbin separately? If yes, I'm interested.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Kawasaki Vulcan 500 - Tis a good bike, to be sure. But before I would do that, I would buy a Yamaha Bolt R-Spec. I pretend that I have all three, Rebel, WeeStar and Bolt. If I were going to ride to my Pop's house, which one would I select? If I were going to ride around town, which one would I select? I try to think through those types of scenarios to help me make decisions.

The problem is, I can never make up my mind which one I would select. So I should just own all three! And a Goldwing ... and a Slingshot … and a VMax … and an extremely loud Ducati … and a real Hummer …

Reactions: Bokobob
1 - 8 of 8 Posts