Honda Rebel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just had a new stock size tire put on the back of my rebel....adjusted my shocks but the left side is closer too the fender then the right side is and it is rubbing something underneath i can see the mark going all the way around my tire only on the one side between the motorcycles chain guard and the tire are very very little like i can barely fit my pinky is that normal can anyone help i can post photos if needed 85 rebel cmx250c

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
took it too my fiances work he works at apf motorcycle salvage yard and they but the new tire on however they never balanced the tire could that be why??

·
Super Moderator
29,293 Posts
No, balancing should have nothing to do with the tire rubbing. Working on a project and need to get to it. If someone doesn't respond, post to this thread in an hour or two and I'll answer.

·
Super Moderator
29,293 Posts
First, what size tire was installed? While the tire is closer to the fender on the left side, it shouldn't be so close that it rubs. Make sure the rear tire is straight and in line with the front tire. There are various ways to do this, but the method I use is to align the chain adjusters so there are the same number of threads showing on each side. You'll need to loosen the rear axle before trying to move the adjusters. First, loosen the jam nut and adjust them so the chain slack is correct. Then equalize each side's adjuster and just snug the jam nut against the adjustment nut. Too much force on the jam nut will snap the adjuster bolt. Finally, tighten the axle nut to 64 foot pounds. If it still rubs, take pictures and post them here.

·
Super Moderator
3,649 Posts
Maybe the axle spacers got switched?

·
Super Moderator
29,293 Posts
I thought of that, but wouldn't putting the longer spacer on the left side place the tire farther from the left side of fender?

·
Super Moderator
3,649 Posts
yup, i didn't do the math :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts