Honda Rebel Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
85 CMX 250C, 82 GW Remember that you are invisible, treat all others accordingly. Avoids Road RAGE!
927 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just reading about Gypsy Deb's daughter having traveled to 30 States (Impressive).
I wonder which Rebels have traveled the most? I know my 250 has mostly traveled just in one state.
The 450s seem to road trip quite well. Perhaps there should be an award for each of the 2 classes, 450 & 250.

Reactions: GypsyDeb

·
Registered
57 Posts
I was just reading about Gypsy Deb's daughter having traveled to 30 States (Impressive).
I wonder which Rebels have traveled the most? I know my 250 has mostly traveled just in one state.
The 450s seem to road trip quite well. Perhaps there should be an award for each of the 2 classes, 450 & 250.
that would be me or real close to Gypsy, longest trip, was from Seattle to Nashville , 2760 miles, real close too 30,

Attachments

·
Registered
57 Posts
you can add some more states by coming to the Rebel meet,

Attachments

·
Premium Member
85 CMX 250C, 82 GW Remember that you are invisible, treat all others accordingly. Avoids Road RAGE!
927 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
that would be me or real close to Gypsy, longest trip, was from Seattle to Nashville , 2760 miles, real close too 30,
Wow! You did that on a CMX250!
Was that ridden that whole way?

·
Super Moderator
4,239 Posts
that gives me an idea for a new mapping project

·
Registered
6 Posts
you can add some more states by coming to the Rebel meet,
So cool! Thank you! I know with such short notice she won't make it this year, but it's definitely going to be in the planning (HA! You know how THAT goes!) for next year.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I can't speak for all 20 years of my daughter's journeys on her Rebels (CMX450s), but there are a few we've done together.
1) Ulster County NY out US-30 (Lincoln Highway) to Sturgis SD, then south to Avoyelles Parish LA
2) Avoyelles Parish LA to Effingham IL ... where my Sportster bent a valve (Harley Tech: "A Harley & a Honda riding together ... how does that work?" Answer: "The 30 year old Honda is sitting in the parking lot waiting for the 20 year old Harley to get fixed!"). We never made our destination in Ohio, but came back to Avoyelles Parish LA through Land Between the Lakes KY and the Great River Road AR.
3) From Avoyelles Parish LA cruising out I-10 to meet up with me in Wildwood FL for a trip down the east coast of Florida to Key West, and back across the Tamiami Trail and up Florida's west coast before heading back to Avoyelles Parish LA.
Those were on "Draggin" (yes, there's a story behind that spelling!)
4) She picked up her second CMX450 at her uncle's in Orange County NY, and rode it back down through VA, NC, & TN to Avoyelles Parish solo.
5) From Avoyelles Parish LA, through Texas, up into Colorado for a loop around all the National Parks & Monuments, back through Texas to Avoyelles Parish.

Those are just some of the long trips. "Short" trips to Tulsa OK, the length of the Natchez Trace, and running the 500 miles between her place and mine seem somewhat passe.

Ride On & Smile!

·
Registered
57 Posts
not sure until next weeks Rebel meet is over !!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
927 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
that gives me an idea for a new mapping project
So I take it that the mapping idea didn't work out? It would've been nice to see all the best places to visit/ride.
Thanks for trying.

·
Premium Member
927 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
i rode a 250 Nighthawk, same motor , more up right position, i have done 650 mile days on my Rebel 250 , but slowing down a little now towing a trailer !!
How well does that (& the flatbed) travel. How noticeable is it? Many more questions but that should probably be a different thread.

·
Registered
6 Posts
So I take it that the mapping idea didn't work out? It would've been nice to see all the best places to visit/ride.
Thanks for trying.
There had been a thread titled "Where Have You Been?" with a link to a google my maps ... but my links to both the thread and the map are now defunct. Does anyone use a ride tracker; Rever, ReLive, Tonit, etc. to share rides under the "maps" thread? Trying to recreate routes after the fact on the google map was involved. Using pins to mark points of interest might be viable.
This links (I hope) to our rever tracked route down the west side of Colorado from Dinosaur National Park to the Colorado National Monument and down to Yucca House National Monument Ride Tracked 8.08.2017 Rebel 450 & Sportster 1200

Reactions: Emil

·
Super Moderator
4,239 Posts
Thanks for trying.
i was the only one who could add to the map so i'll revisit when i get a chance - thanks

·
Premium Member
927 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I was going to add a few pins, but wasn't sure whether I could do it properly. Next time I searched for it to try, it wasn't there anymore.

·
Super Moderator
4,239 Posts
I added a pin, but I deleted it. I didn't have enough time to play around and experiment.
maybe the issue was needing a google account to edit the map - when i signed out of google it wouldn't let me edit

·
Premium Member
927 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Sounds like fun. You had your All your camping things on the bike?

Reactions: mrlawson

·
Premium Member
927 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I used to carry a whole bug out bag and tent, survival stuff and fishing gear on the back of my bike. But now I just hang it on the garage wall. I still do carry a very small emergency kit on the bike. Not including tools.

Reactions: mrlawson
1 - 20 of 20 Posts