Honda Rebel Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2007 Honda rebel 250
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi!! The right side battery cover on my bike is totally busted and I need a replacement, but everything on eBay I can find is 2005 or older. Anyone know where I can find a battery cover replacement for a 2007 250? It’s black but id take whatever color if I can just replace them both. It’s just plastic

·
Super Moderator
1987 CMX250C AC
2,376 Posts
any used 1996-2016 side cover will work..
problem is they are hard to find and the chinese knock-offs have to be modified to fit..

·
Registered
2007 Honda rebel 250
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
This is good to know..I guess I have to scour eBay.

any chance you know how just the chrome strip can be replaced? That’s all that’s broken on mine. I just bought this replacement but no idea how to take off what’s left of mine

Hood Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive design Automotive exterior

any used 1996-2016 side cover will work..
problem is they are hard to find and the chinese knock-offs have to be modified to fit..

·
Super Moderator
1987 CMX250C AC
2,376 Posts
Have no idea about the chrome strip..
as a guess the knock off side cover chrome strip may fit your cover
There are chromed vinyl tapes that could be used as a DIY replacement when cut to fit

·
Registered
2007 Honda rebel 250
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Have no idea about the chrome strip..
as a guess the knock off side cover chrome strip may fit your cover
There are chromed vinyl tapes that could be used as a DIY replacement when cut to fit

so I did just buy a used chrome strip from the battery cover off eBay but now I have to figure out how to get the broken one off…does it just pop out? The guy who sold it to me had to get it off of his somehow..

·
Super Moderator
1987 CMX250C AC
2,376 Posts
don't know how they come off as my 1st generation Rebel has metal side covers..
I see there are plastic pins on knock off chrome strips that have metal clamps to hold it tight..
another method i've seen on other applications is plastic pin is melted tight against inside of cover

Automotive tire Hood Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Tire

·
Super Moderator
1987 CMX250C AC
2,376 Posts
I'd just break the tab holding old one on..should be able to grab with pliers..
or try to twist off speed nut turning it counter clockwise.. not much to grab onto but it's doable..

1 - 9 of 9 Posts