Honda Rebel Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought this bike and it needs some parts, I've found most of them but I can't find the others anywhere, I need both the left and right switch modules, left being my hi and low beam switch, my horn, and my turn indicators. And the right module being my emergency kill switch, and my electric start button. I can't find either of them anywhere. I also need seats and I can't find them anywhere either. Anything helps thank you!

·
Super Moderator
1987 CMX250C AC
1,904 Posts
Currently I see 3 on ePay

with an adaptation of electrical connectors you could use 2nd gen switches

·
Registered
‘87 Honda Rebel 250
6 Posts
I usually have O’Reillys Auto parts order stuff for me. But if it’s something too major then I get a dealership to order it.

·
Super Moderator
1987 CMX250C AC
1,904 Posts
I'm going by ePay listings..
I appears 2nd gen Left side switch uses a 6 pin connector where the 1st gen used a 4 pin and had an extra bullet connector
Assuming i had the old switches I'd attach the 4 prong connector to new (to me) switch and match up the needed bullet connector to what the wire harness needs..
Right side is a bit different as 1st gen uses a 6pin connector that contains a tail light jumper and 2nd gen uses a 4 pin
there again I would use old connectors on new switch leaving frame harness stock..

I call it Macgyver engineering as the wiring between the two generations is Generally the same, only the connectors were changed slightly.. Just enough to be a PITA..

·
Super Moderator
30,191 Posts
Seats from any Rebel 250 (any year) should fit your bike

1 - 6 of 6 Posts