Honda Rebel Forum banner

141 - 144 of 144 Posts

·
Registered
'09 Rebel, '19 Baja Pulsar 180, '04 Hardley XL 883 Sportster
59 Posts
If I remember right, I got my '09 250 up to about 75 on the flats. i backed off just before the pistons started swapping holes. Decided then to truck it instead of riding it from Lex., KY to Atl., GA. The little Island I live on & shipped it to, 40-45 mph is screaming. They just aren't X-country touring bikes.

·
Registered
6,578 Posts
A stock Rebel will run wide open for as long as you can stand to ride it. It will sound like the engine is going to blow up, but it won't .Feed it gas and oil as needed. If you get creative with cone filters, shorty pipes, etc, YMMV. These machines have been precisely engineered for weight and cost.

·
Registered
‘87 Honda Rebel 250
6 Posts
With being a backwoods engineer, being 130lbs, and a calibrated aftermarket speedometer I was able to reach 118mph (189.9kph). I’ve been trying to check for a high compression head/piston and they appear to be stock.
I think the guy I bought it from is a wizard.

1986 Honda Rebel 250

·
Registered
'09 Rebel, '19 Baja Pulsar 180, '04 Hardley XL 883 Sportster
59 Posts
The pistons should start swapping holes at that rpm ! Must have non-stock sprockets. Find it hard to believe. Certainly not stock and even freefall wouldn't even reach that speed.

141 - 144 of 144 Posts