Honda Rebel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 126 Posts

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking at people's usernames and was wondering where people's names come from.

Mine is my last name, almost everyone calls me by it [that, zinski, or ski...all derivatives] Its pronounced ruh-zin-skee if you were wondering...my first name is Nathan, although nobody calls me by it.

What about you? What made you chose your username? Whats your real name? [If you don't mind disclosing that is]

·
Premium Member
17,771 Posts
I got dubbed "Buick Guy" by the folks I used to work with because of my collection of Buick built autos. Even the local parts store counter folks call me the Buick guy, so I just went with it.

Reactions: Bokobob

·
Registered
397 Posts
My real name is Steve. I chose Twitch because I have Tourette Syndrome. I found out later that there is a motocross star who has the same nickname for the same reason.

Fun story: during the Rebel rally last summer in Interlochen, Cagie came out of his tent, looked around and said, "Where's Twitch?" My friend Dan, who is not a member of this forum but became known as "Wingman" on that trip, was horrified. He told me, "I don't even call you that, and I bust your nuts all the time!" :D:lol2::D:lol2:

He had no idea that I use it as a screen name here. :whistling:

·
Registered
397 Posts
Its pronounced ruh-zin-skee if you were wondering...
I wasn't. I have friends named Kaspzyk, Stafiej, Ruszkiewicz and Przybylowicz. I always have fun when voice dialing them! :rolleyes: Wrzesinski is easy.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Ralph is my real first name and i am from Kentucky :greetings10:

Last name is Napier we been around for a while
also have a considerable amount of cherokee indian in the family tree

15th Century
Another branch of the clan appeared in Merchiston, near Edinburgh. The first Laird of Merchiston, Alexander Napier, obtained a charter to the lands of Merchiston in 1436. The Napiers of Merchiston would produce Provosts of Edinburgh, numerous admirals and generals, as well as John Napier, the 8th Laird of Merchiston, inventor of logarithms. Merchiston Castle in Edinburgh still stands, as centerpiece to Napier University’s Merchiston campus.
John Napier of Rusky, the 3rd Laird of Merchiston was killed, in service to the king, leading the Clan Napier at the Battle of Sauchieburn on June 11, 1488.

·
Registered
6,570 Posts
My trade is refrigeration and air conditioning. Fridgitator is sort of a family joke. When I first announced that I was going to go to school to learn fridgitation, I was told that I should take remedial spelling first so that I would know what courses to sign up for.

·
Super Moderator
7,801 Posts
Wjmrty is easy wjm are my initals rty is short for rotary [mazda rotary engine] my buisness name is wjm rotaries & my car registration no is wjmrty.see very easy to understand
2000 rebel 250 aussie

·
Super Moderator
29,156 Posts
It's from a Federal ammunition T-shirt that's a take off on the lyrics in a David Bowie song. The lyrics say Flight Control to Major Tom. The T-shirt has an image of a large male turkey, called a tom, with a target superimposed on it's head/neck. The caption below reads Flitecontrol to Major Tom. I'm a turkey hunter.

·
Registered
774 Posts
flite, i honestly thought you were air trafic control.
mine is pretty self explanitory. im 5'-4" named Dave. every place that i work at where there has been more than one person named dave people just naturally call me that. even as far back as grade school. I cant seem to figure out why. why, oh why cant i ever just be dave and the other guy be "fat dave" or "tall dave" or "real big jerk dave" haha
i gave up a loooong time ago and just embraced it.

1 - 20 of 126 Posts