Honda Rebel 250 & 450 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a new Dunlop D404 130/90-15 installed ... simple question: the manual for my '09 rebel says 29 psi F/R, but the new tire doesn't have a pressure range (odd!), except it has an upper load limit "with 41 psi" ... what's a good pressure to use?

·
Registered
7 Posts
I'm no rebel master by any means, but I believe Honda recommends the 29psi for the average rider/load weight.

I keep mine at 30-31psi, but also have saddle bags that are often filled with tools and stuff. Very much like car tires, I never would fill them up to max rated psi for regular use.

·
Super Moderator
32,323 Posts
I had a new Dunlop D404 130/90-15 installed ... simple question: the manual for my '09 rebel says 29 psi F/R, but the new tire doesn't have a pressure range (odd!), except it has an upper load limit "with 41 psi" ... what's a good pressure to use?
29 psi.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks, flitecontrol ... I always listen to your advice (even, if as here, your reply is possibly the shortest post ever!).

An amusing aside: I gave an exam years ago involving finding the pressure in a tire after a day of driving had raised the tire temperature ... I noticed a Chinese student was furiously searching his little English/Chinese dictionary, when I realized I'd used the English version ("tyre") in the exam!

·
Super Moderator
32,323 Posts
Thanks. I could have just said 29. ;)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts