Honda Rebel 250 & 450 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello guys! I have an allegedly 1996 rebel 250, as far as I know that means a second gen rebel! The thing is that this bike is like a gen 1 and 2 combination! Can anyone help me out, because I have a hard time finding parts for this thing since I do not know the gen! Front system looks like a second gen,
Vin number points to a 1996 rebel, but the body has the holes for the round reflectors on the front (1st gen) and the footpegs have only two holes on the frame like the first gen as well (I have fitted a second gen footpegs)! Also the side covers are first gen, but it came with a second gen plastic ones as "spares"! Any ideas? Or anything to look at that can clear the things out? The bike has been completely rewired when I bought it. the headlight and the handlebars are aftermarket and the speedometer as well! The original ones were gone when I got it, so no clues from there! Thanks
Wheel Tire Land vehicle Fuel tank Vehicle

Wheel Land vehicle Tire Vehicle Fence

Tire Wheel Land vehicle Fuel tank Vehicle

·
Super Moderator
32,325 Posts
Round reflectors are second generation. First gen had rectangular reflectors inset into raised area on forks. Probably a PO rigged it so the first gen side covers would fit. The VIN plate is verification that at least the frame is second gen. I'd say it's a 1996 model.

·
Registered
CMX 250, 1996
43 Posts
If you take the Frame-Number and insert in on the original Honda Website for spare parts you should get the year it was build.
It looks more like a first Gen.
Does the Valve Cover have cooling-fins?

Could be, that the European first Gen Bikes did not have the reflectors on the backfender and fork.

·
Super Moderator
32,325 Posts
I tried to find a parts diagram for first generation CMX250 on several European parts stores. The earliest model on every site was 1996. Does this mean there were no 1985-87 CMX250s imported to Europe by Honda?

·
Registered
CMX 250, 1996
43 Posts
For Germany I can say, there wasn't.
Some Dealers may have importer them baby themselves though.
Netherlands there was.
UK I guess, also

1 - 6 of 6 Posts