Honda Rebel Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,

In need of a '85 250 Rebel Cylinder head in good condition. My wife's bike is down and I can't find one locally.

Any and all help is much appreciated.

Thanks,
Al

·
Super Moderator
29,740 Posts
Jack's or ebay.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the suggestion.

I've sent this Jack`s Rebel Warehouse two emails, one on his website and one to Facebook. No response at all.

I called and left a message on his business phone and no response to date.

I`m starting to think that the guy died or something.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No luck at either source. Ebay or Amazon doesnt have what I need and Jack`s is MIA. It`s on the back burner for now.

Plan B - I bought her a low mileage `86 450 Rebel last year, over the winter I have been turning it into touring bike (batwing fairing, hard bags, floor boards, Harley fenders etc.) and it`s almost done. Just finished clearcoating the hard bags 10 minutes ago. They will be installed tomorrow and she`ll be riding by 11:00 am tomorrow morning.

Thanks for the suggestion though.

·
Super Moderator
3,876 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
let us know how it works out please

No luck with the bare head out of China but I found a complete 2004 vintage CMX 250 engine on Fleabay last week and it's on it way here now. Not knowing the condition of the internals or mileage I'll tear it down for a peek inside. A gasket set was ordered and it should arrive soon. It's going to be my winter project.so there is no rush.

I never thought the wife would be so adamant about getting this bike running again but she is. She had been riding her '86 450 Rebel this past season and so far hasn't dropped it.

Thanks for all your help.!!!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Well, the wife's 250 Rebel is running again, no issues. The used motor I bought was OK after inspection. I added the Chinese dual carb conversion after installation. So far so good..

Soon after completing the engine swap I found and bought another 250 Rebel to flip in the spring. It had done an endo down an embankment and needed front forks, front fender, mirrors, gas tank and all the signal lights. To date the front end has been swapped, (wet sanded and wheel polished the lower forks) , all the tin has been prepped for paint, all the aluminum, parts have had a go at the polishing wheels and been clear coated, the whole bike got a thorough cleaning/degreasing and the engine got an acid bath to brighten it up. The two tone color combo is going to be fine silver flake and Chrysler Black Crystal with crushed gemstones in the clear.

The wife's 450 Rebel is being returned to stock configuration in hopes of unloading it this spring. She didn't like the "bagger look" so the hard bags, batwing fairing, floor boards and two tone violet pearl over kobalt blue metal flake and white pearl is being replaced by solid black stock parts.

Her 1250 cc (Hooligan Kit) custom and lowered and candy coated Sportster is ready for the 2022 riding season, when she has her bike license and enough seat time on one of the Rebels.

I hope we sell a few bikes after she gets her "M" license.. My shop is full!!!

BTW ; I still haven't heard back from Jack's Rebels since our initial discussion.

That's about if for now.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts