Honda Rebel Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1987 Rebel CMX-250C
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My bike didn't come with it and ebay has it for too high. Looking for used, mainly fair to great condition. Live in the Northern Virginia area.

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
85 CMX 250C, 82 GW Remember that you are invisible, treat all others accordingly. Avoids Road RAGE!
927 Posts
Being as that is your first post on this thread, I'd like to know what it is you're searching for???
LOL! I read the post but not the header. Not yet awake.
To get the right one, oft times it's cheaper to buy a parts bike, because you'll need more parts eventually.
Other than that, if you have a friend or relative that's a sheet metal worker (tinner), they can make a similar replacement. But you're going to need to get it chromed or powder coated to look fairly good.
But to get the actual true shape of the original, you'd need someone with a press machine. And that'd be more costly unless a lot of others needed the same parts punched out. The town that I live in has both, the mold & die company and, a place that still chromes parts. Still cost prohibitive unless there'd be more than 100 people needing the parts.

Reactions: ghostlyvast

·
Registered
1987 Rebel CMX-250C
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Being as that is your first post on this thread, I'd like to know what it is you're searching for???
LOL! I read the post but not the header. Not yet awake.
To get the right one, oft times it's cheaper to buy a parts bike, because you'll need more parts eventually.
Other than that, if you have a friend or relative that's a sheet metal worker (tinner), they can make a similar replacement. But you're going to need to get it chromed or powder coated to look fairly good.
But to get the actual true shape of the original, you'd need someone with a press machine. And that'd be more costly unless a lot of others needed the same parts punched out. The town that I live in has both, the mold & die company and, a place that still chromes parts. Still cost prohibitive unless there'd be more than 100 people needing the parts.
Might as well wait on ebay or find a parts bike hahaha
Oh well, it is what it is.
Thanks for the response!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Might as well wait on ebay or find a parts bike hahaha
Oh well, it is what it is.
Thanks for the response!
Hi I am not a big fan but necessity is often not just the mother of invention.
So China has heaps of parts for Rebels yet again postage is a killer at times.

good luck.

·
Premium Member
85 CMX 250C, 82 GW Remember that you are invisible, treat all others accordingly. Avoids Road RAGE!
927 Posts
I've never seen any for the 1st generation motorcycles from China. 2nd generation yes, with adjustments. But no 1st generation..
As far as necessity being the mother of invention, I'll accept that. But nothing will ever materialize without the father, INGENUITY!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts