Honda Rebel Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This bike has been sitting for about 2 years now and everything is kinda beat up looking..

I wanna replace the brake/clutch handles.. and also the grips and switches.. anyone got some good links on where to change for some close to OEM parts. Or some cools mods I can do. Any help much appreciated!

·
Registered
163 Posts
Start with an oily rag and polish the switches. You might be surprised.
I have a new set after market switches If you like?

·
Super Moderator
29,547 Posts
You can spray paint the faded switches and they will look brand new.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Yeaa man, probably start with dish soap and a garden hose.... maybe even just run it through a car wash.

Then worry about detailing it. Automotive scratch remover polish and a soft buffing wheel drill attachment worked super good for me. Plastics get surprisingly bright, almost reflective even. It will take the white ink off though. Not really a big deal tho IMO.

I did the mikuni choke plunger mod to get rid of the choke cable and clean up the handlebar. I like the way it looks.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeaa man, probably start with dish soap and a garden hose.... maybe even just run it through a car wash.

Then worry about detailing it. Automotive scratch remover polish and a soft buffing wheel drill attachment worked super good for me. Plastics get surprisingly bright, almost reflective even. It will take the white ink off though. Not really a big deal tho IMO.

I did the mikuni choke plunger mod to get rid of the choke cable and clean up the handlebar. I like the way it looks.
Any photos of that MOD and how it turned out?
appreciate the info on cleaning up and gonna look into that polish stuff

·
Registered
81 Posts
I actually just posted my craigslist ad. Its one of the most recent posts in the rebelroom tab. Click the link in my post. There's a bunch of pictures.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts