Honda Rebel Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well summers half over an I'm still waiting for my certificate. This is annoying at best (mostly to my wife).:rolleyes: It's coming up 4 weeks on Friday. I live in south cook county Illinois. And took the class at Lansing Airport. I called them (MSF office) last Friday and a girl told me I was in pile number 2 to be printed. I got an E-mail Tuesday saying I was processed an It would be in the mail. It also said I could take 7 to 10 days to deliver. They need to take a look at how Wisconsin does it. Class end you go home with certificate in hand. In this day and age. What are you doing this with a real TYPE Writer? Tho I did receive an email from them. Humm This could be an easy fix. Anyway I'm just getting impatient. Got a bike I can't ride. But I HIGHLY RECOMMEND THE MSF CLASS. Even if you do have to wait 4 weeks it's worth it...:)

·
Super Moderator
7,859 Posts
That's a real bummer in australia soon as you pass test they print out your licence on paper n about 10 days later u get plastic credit card type licence in mail. We can ride with paper type as soon as you get it.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Many states offer this to. It's just this is run by University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign. Each area seems to do it different. Some are 2 week wait. others are hand it to you when your done. This was realy close to my house and I was a walk in. I was lucky to get in. 2 guys got sent home no shoes on.

·
Registered
6,578 Posts
I feel your pain. The local program has forms they write your name into at the end of the class. I took several pages of stuff to the DMV. I don't recall what all of them were, I just wanted to get legal ASAP! Do you have a permit you can ride on? Can you take the written test to get one for the interim?

·
Registered
967 Posts
I never got a certificate, they just said wait 2-3 days and go to the DMV and get your license changed and give them $8.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
No I don't have a permit. In Illinois if you start at the DMV the MSF class is null and void and you have taken the class for nothing but the experience. Then you gota pass a fairly hard riding test at the DMV anyway.

·
Registered
649 Posts
No I don't have a permit. In Illinois if you start at the DMV the MSF class is null and void and you have taken the class for nothing but the experience. Then you gota pass a fairly hard riding test at the DMV anyway.
??? I had to get the permit after written test at Dmv to even take the MSF class in Chicago.Dmv guy came to the class lot and gave the test right there. Handed us who passed a signed form. Drove 60 miles back to my hometown and paid a few bucks and reprinted old license with an M.
What do you mean by the starting at the DMV? Don't see why that would make a difference. Even as screwy as our state seems to be.

·
Registered
13,264 Posts
I have the certificates all printed but not signed on the last day of the course. You pass, I sign and give it to you and the record goes to the office. You don't pass, the certificate goes back to the office.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
1 - 9 of 9 Posts