Honda Rebel Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2009 Honda Rebel 250 and just finished cleaning the carb and it fires up, but it revs high and the enricher no longer has an effect when I move it up and down. Any idea what my problem may be?

Super Moderator
how did you clean the carb?

Registered
People have been having some issues with the cable routing also. Make sure your cable route is free / clear / has at least a bit of slack.

Registered
Discussion Starter #6
Berryman
People have been having some issues with the cable routing also. Make sure your cable route is free / clear / has at least a bit of slack.
Okay, I鈥檒l check all of this and the other suggestion tonight and see what I come up with. Thank for the advice!

Super Moderator
Depending on how dirty the carb is, it can take 2-7 days for Berryman Chem Dip to loosen all the crud.

Premium Member
On 2 wheels: 1998 - Rebel 250, 1980 - CB125, 1982 - CM125, 1980 - CM200, 1987 - Yamaha FZ750
I ordered a choke/enricher plunger. I have the spring but not that metal part. Let鈥檚 see if that鈥檚 why it鈥檚 not responding
:eek: it might make a difference....

Registered
Glad you worked it out! Be careful though when you hit full throttle. These are mean machines, that front tire is going to want to point toward space! ;)

Registered
Discussion Starter #12
Will do! On a side note: would you happen to have a diagram on how the collar on the exhaust is supposed to be put back on? I took off the exhaust and forgot how the collar goes back on 馃檮

Registered
This picture should help. In your "hand" picture just above, the tail pipe is on your hand side, the engine is on the side of the camera 鈥 if that makes sense.

Super Moderator
If you can't see it from the picture, both collars face the same way.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts