·
Registered
2004 Rebel 250
43 Posts
I'm happy for ya!

·
Super Moderator
29,859 Posts
All the snow/ice has melted, it's currently 52, going to get up to 58; think it's time for a ride!

·
Registered
2012 Honda Rebel 250
26 Posts
I'm not stuck in CA. I'm renting a house from a relative for way below market rent, and doing some work on it at the same time. I have a decent paying government job I'd hate to leave right now, but I have no plans to spend the rest of my life in this miserable place. I'd love to live in the PNW where it rains a lot, but there are too many other problems up there. I'm originally from Texas, and might consider going back there. There really aren't many places in the country where the weather is great year round. But I'd rather avoid the extremes of 110 in the summer or below zero in the winter.

·
Registered
'09 Rebel, '19 Baja Pulsar 180, '04 Hardley XL 883 Sportster
52 Posts
Just after the big lizards died off, when I was in school, they said that humans were the only animals that could reason. I'm still waiting for somebody to give a reason for living in the climes people are *****ing about. Even birds have enough sense/reason to fly south when it gets cold ! OK, we might get a good hurricane every once in a while, but at least they aren't cold ! LOL !!

·
Registered
52 Posts
Ah, 74 F with a wind chill factour or 72. Liv it !!!

·
Registered
2004 Rebel 250
43 Posts
A big downside of living in the tropics can be summed up in one word; Rust!

·
Super Moderator
3,934 Posts
I'm almost at the age where I can join one of the nomadic elder tribes that follow the sun.

Reactions: 96B4U

·
Registered
52 Posts
A big downside of living in the tropics can be summed up in one word; Rust!
I've imported trucks from the States to SXM and the rust from areas where salt is put on the roads is a lot worse than anything I see here. I try to buy in the ATL area.

·
Registered
2012 Honda Rebel 250
26 Posts
Birds don't have a residence and a job. I'm where I'm at for the time being because of a cheap place to live and a good paying job. Right now those things would mean a lot to a lot of people. Like I said I'm not planning on staying here forever.

There really isn't really any rust in CA, but I've noticed a lot of corrosion on vehicles from close to the coast. That salt air damages everything. I absolutely want out of CA for other reasons besides the heat. Right now I live in the middle of nowhere. It's 80 miles to a city of any size. I wish I had a boat, because I'm right next to the Colorado River. We have not been subjected to most of the blackouts that have affected most of the state. I think we're on a different power grid. And there are no fires here. Nothing to burn. just sand and desert.

·
Super Moderator
29,859 Posts
I've imported trucks from the States to SXM and the rust from areas where salt is put on the roads is a lot worse than anything I see here. I try to buy in the ATL area.
Atlanta car prices are among the best I've found. We're 5 1/2 hours from Dallas, and New Orleans, Little Rock, Jackson and other good sized cities are even closer. But we wound up driving to Atlanta, 8 hours away, to get the wife's latest car. It was thousands less than we would have paid for a similar vehicle in any of those other places.

·
Super Moderator
3,934 Posts
welp, a nice leisurely 50 mph ride on the bike today would feel like -31 F with the wind chill

·
Registered
2001 CMX250, 1984 CB650SC
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
You can keep all of that. It's a yucky day here too, but I've got fork seals to replace.

·
Registered
8 Posts

This is what we are enjoying in the Shires. Waiting for the warmer weather when I can head up into the mountains with friends.

21 - 34 of 34 Posts