Honda Rebel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
2004 Rebel 250
41 Posts
Move to AZ! lol, I can only remember one rainy day between last May and September.
Though this would be a rainy week for us, so not the best example.

·
Super Moderator
3,930 Posts
looks very nice - i would trade warm and rainy for 0° F right about now

·
Registered
2001 CMX250, 1984 CB650SC
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm a bit of a newbie and I've got that itch that only a ride will scratch. Rain is not my friend right now!

·
Registered
2012 Honda Rebel 250
26 Posts
It doesn't rain in southeastern CA either. I live in Blythe, only about 20 miles from AZ. It is hot, dry, and dusty here year round. And windy. I'm not too far east of the Palm Springs area, and it is constantly windy there. They have thousands of those windmills that generate electricity. It's like a perpetual sandstorm. You want warm? It's over 110 degrees here for several months out of the year. Downright miserable.

·
Registered
2004 Rebel 250
41 Posts
Last year Phoenix broke the record for the most days over 100°f at 145, not fun:(

·
Super Moderator
29,858 Posts
Wish it was warm enough here for rain. Currently, it's 26 degrees, up from a low several days ago of 10 degrees. We've had sleet, snow and freezing rain off and on for 3-4 days. Roads are covered in ice and most businesses (including doctor's offices and pharmacies) government offices, schools, and others are closed and have been since the first snowfall. Fortunately, there hasn't been enough ice formed on the tree branches to cause widespread power outages. But many homes have frozen pipes. Supposed to get gradually warmer starting tomorrow. Time to put another log on the fire.

·
Super Moderator
3,930 Posts
Weird weather. It's been warmer here in Maine than many places in the southern States. Still below freezing here but a few degrees warmer.

·
Super Moderator
29,858 Posts
We've got family in SW Colorado, and they've been having warmer temperatures than us too.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'll never understand how people can live in such hot and cold places.

·
Super Moderator
3,930 Posts
it's not that bad - you can dress for the cold and not having to use AC anytime of the year is nice

·
Registered
2004 Rebel 250
41 Posts
Today's forecast, 70° and sunny, oh darn

·
Registered
2004 Rebel 250
41 Posts
I'll never understand how people can live in such hot and cold places.
At least for our heat, after living here for decades you get used to it. The key is good AC

·
Super Moderator
29,858 Posts
Only a little?????

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Yeah, if he had more control over the weather in my area, it'd be more.

·
Registered
2004 Rebel 250
41 Posts
Reactions: MaconMan77

·
Super Moderator
29,858 Posts
I'd prefer 78. Then I could wear T-shirts and shorts year-round! :D

Reactions: 96B4U
1 - 20 of 31 Posts