Honda Rebel Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
turning around in a parking spot, and dropped my rebel :( my perfectly clean amazing rebel. and now i tweaked something out of alignment. it fell on its right side and barley scrapped anything(did bend my brake lever a bit) but the handlebars and the front tire are not in alignment as they were before. my handlebars have to be turned ever so slightly to the right for the front wheel to be straight. anyone know what i could have messed up? i have drag bars and my risers are flipped around from the stock posistion( not sure if thats relevant but just so you all know) it really isnt even off enough to affect my riding but enough to bug the crap out of me. help??:frown: thank youu

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
so just to be clear when i posistion my handlebars straight my front tire is ever so slightly to the left. confused on how to fix it

·
Registered
13,264 Posts
Not a problem... You just tweaked the fork tubes in the triple clamps.. Get your tools out and loosen the bottom clamps only. With a buddy sitting on the bike to hold it up, put the front wheel between your legs and twist the bars back straight. When it looks straight to you, tighten the lower clamps again.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks! ok so im a newbie but what exactley are the bottom clamps?

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ive done exactley what ur talking about on bicycles a thousand times to straighten the alignment. just not sure what to loosen to do it. i appreciate the help

·
Registered
13,264 Posts
the fork legs are held by the "triple clamps.. (2 fork legs and the steering spindle 3 things) The top triple is what your handlebars mount to. the lower triple has that cheesy cover with the word HONDA on it just below the headlight. If you look behind that HONDA cover at the side you will see a 6mm socket head bolt that holds the clamp tight on the fork tube. If you loosen these on both sides, the fork tubes can be twisted from side to side before retightening.. When the bike fell it probably moved the tubes in the clamps even though they are tight.
You may use a 6 mm allen key on these clamp bolts, but I like a hex socket that you can use with a 3/8 rachet handle.. A set of those sockets will last forever and be very useful maintaining bikes.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thank yo so much! im glad its an easy fix and a good lesson learned! ill let u know in a few minutes if i fixed it. thanks man. i love this forum, id be screwed without it ha

·
Registered
13,264 Posts
I hope that fixes you up.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
well as it turns out(after moving in to my girlfriends place from my place) i misplaced my allen keys) so it will have to wait. is it okay to ride it like this( probably just until tomorrow) until i can get ahold of a set of allen wrenches and fix it? or should i not ride it?

·
Registered
13,264 Posts
It won't make it any worse to ride it for a day or so like that.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
okay thanks for all your help. when i get a chance to fix it tomorow ill let you know how it turned out. appreciate it man

·
Registered
7 Posts
Mine was a learner bike for my grandson and several girls. My bars are really tweaked. I only noticed it when I'm driving down the road and actually look at the bars. Other than that I don't notice it. Mostly I notice it when sitting at stop lights

1 - 12 of 12 Posts