Honda Rebel Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In thinking about wiring my Chopper I had the idea of doing the ol' Ford Mustang trick where they only used ONE dual-element Bulb in each rear lens for both the directionals and brake lights out back.

This would be a great update for any bike as you go from having one red light to having THREE BRAKE LIGHTS with directionals incorporated.

Here's how it works:

You hit the brake on either the lower right pedal or hand brake lever and all three rear bulbs out back light-up bright. (normally just the center brake light would)

IF you have the RIGHT turn-signal light ON that bulb blinks bright while the other side (and the center) remains solid.

IF you have the LEFT turn-signal light ON that bulb blinks bright while the other side (and the center) remains solid.

Get it??

What you would be doing is re-wiring your rear directionals to also be brake-light's and putting the flasher in another position instead of in-line with just the directional switch.

I made a drawing of how the stock setup is wired and a blank one showing just the parts themselves.

Does anyone wanna take a stab at drawing how the triple-bulb setup would go??

This might require a 3-lead flasher or even two 2-pin ones (I only put a single 2 pin in the drawings)

Rob

Attachments

1 - 1 of 1 Posts