Honda Rebel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of November's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Putting new Pirelli's on the Rebel today, does anyone have the torque specs for the front & rear axle bolts?

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cool, thats what I need! Thanks a bunch :) (I really need to get a manual lol)

·
Registered
394 Posts
Freekintite and Gutentight are not constants, they vary depending on the size of the fastener, materials involved, barometric pressure, temperature, coriolis effects, phase of moon, if mercury is in retrograde, etc. Indeed, the formula for finding the actual lbf-ft is a very tedious differential equation. Although Flitecontrol can solve these equations in his head while drunk and asleep, we mere mortals are stuck with just eyeballing it "kinda close" and bodging it. :3

·
Registered
3,083 Posts
I believe that Freekintite is the French word for the German word Gutentight.

·
Registered
2,162 Posts
Freekintite and Gutentight are not constants, they vary depending on the size of the fastener, materials involved, barometric pressure, temperature, coriolis effects, phase of moon, if mercury is in retrograde, etc. Indeed, the formula for finding the actual lbf-ft is a very tedious differential equation. Although Flitecontrol can solve these equations in his head while drunk and asleep, we mere mortals are stuck with just eyeballing it "kinda close" and bodging it. :3
There is a range.. One is not quite tight enough and the other is Whoops..
You need to be somewhere in the middle or perhaps just a bit tighter than the middle of the range... Never outside of the range..

·
Registered
842 Posts
How tight is "I just broke my wrench"?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts