Honda Rebel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Sponsored Editorial Content
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

I used to think 10 Big Ones was a lot of dough ’till I started pricing new pickup trucks. Now, I realize it’s chicken feed. Let me eat cake. Sure, yes, I know there are great used bargains for half that much, but a private seller’s not going to give you a 1% APR for three years like Suzuki does, you’re not going to ride off on the shiniest, newest bike on the block, and you won’t have the inner warmth of knowing you’ve done your part to stimulate the moto-economy.
Read more about the Top 10 New Motorcycles Around $10,000 at Motorcycle.com.

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Another click bait article?? didn't even bother following the link
Cash talks BS walks.. I keep gun safe stocked in more than one way..
add in 20% to 30% depreciation depending on make/model in the first year of ownership
No,, I would never buy a New MC from a dealer.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
11,903 Posts
I whipped through it during a slow period at work...I'm perplexed why some of those choices are discontinued/used models. I mean that really opens up the field if that's the core requirements for a $10K bike article.

Knuckleheads and Panheads anyone? New 500 not-Rebel with enough leftover for some chrome plating? A trip to the next Moto-Auction for a pair of museum quality CB750s? Iron head Sporty with enough leftover to go nuts with the aftermarket catalogs? This article was severely incomplete given the parameters. :rolleyes:

·
Super Moderator
29,308 Posts
Par for the course.

·
Registered
256 Posts
That 750 Street Rod looks like a bunch of fun, I've seen some good reviews. I think it's less than the 883 Sportster. Yabob, though. And paint other than black costs 300 more for some reason. PS didn't click on the link, don't want to encourage span.

·
Premium Member
11,903 Posts
Well, gee...lookee what's on eBay right now for "around $10K", A discontinued/used 1950 Panhead Harley that will only appreciate in value. Why didn't this make the list?

...or for a few grand more here's something a couple years older:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts