Honda Rebel 250 & 450 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently bought a Honda Rebel and passed my drivers test, does anyone have this type of ticking noise when accelerating? It only makes the sound when i accelerate and not when its in neutral or clutch is engaged so i think the fault will be in the gearbox but not sure. Came here to see if anyone experienced this before.
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Sky Cloud

·
Administrator
5,040 Posts
maybe an exhaust leak? check your exhaust flanges at the head - don't over-tighten though - could cause breakage

·
Super Moderator
32,323 Posts
Worn chain/frozen link? To check a chain for wear, try pulling the chain away from the back of the rear sprocket. If it moves, it's time to replace the chain and both sprockets.

·
Premium Member
1985, 86 CMX250C, 81 CM200T, 74 CL360, Invisible to cages, treat them accordingly. Avoids Road RAGE!
3,161 Posts
^^^^My thoughts were also in the chain adjustment/wear area too.

·
Premium Member
1985, 86 CMX250C, 81 CM200T, 74 CL360, Invisible to cages, treat them accordingly. Avoids Road RAGE!
3,161 Posts
Normally if the bike stalls/misses in the rain, it would most likely be the wire coming from the coils getting wet. I had the same problem my 1985 and had to replace the coils along with the wires. No problems at all since. I had an 87 parts bike to rob from, so, no I haven't tried anything off the internet for it yet.

Reactions: Odderling

·
Premium Member
3,161 Posts
You can easily test the theory about the coils before you buy some, by starting the engine, while already warm, & spraying a mist of water on the coils. If the engine starts to misfire, you know.

Reactions: rickybug
1 - 9 of 9 Posts