Honda Rebel 250 & 450 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
National Cycle's Streetshield EX. Corbin Saddle. Tourmaster Saddlebags.
950 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I bought my bike, riding jacket and helmet, I did extensive research for the brightest White reflective tape I could get for my helmet. Found it (and have forgotten the name or brand, Ha ha) and my helmet knocks the eyes out of any driver who sees me at night. But now that I'm putting a Trunk on my bike, I'm looking for the brightest Red tape. Not having much luck with Red............it's just not as highly reflective. Have any of you gone down this rabbit hole...........and what did you end up with? :dunno: Or did you just go to Wally World and grab the first reflective Red tape you found????? :D

·
Super Moderator
1987 CMX250C AC
3,478 Posts

·
Registered
950 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Most of the commonly available conspicuity reflective Reds are around 21-24 candelas. I'm trying to find something in the 150-170 candela range. I've been sending contact messages to many different manufacturers. Will be sure and post what I find. Probably being far too anal about this but I believe anal is my middle name sometimes. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
950 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Okie-Dokie...............I ended up purchasing ORALITE V82 Red tape. It is about 10 times brighter than standard engineer grade tape and three times as bright as high-intensity. It has a 130 candela rating....the highest I could find. The son of the company's owner says it is clearly visable on the back of a motorcycle at a 1000 feet. Plenty good for me.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts