Honda Rebel Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Forum:
I have 2 quarter sized dents in my Rebel Gas tank. Can I pull these out? Do I purchase simple body dent pullers or is this to strong for those? Suggestions?

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Can you expand on this? Do I remove tank? Do I just apply and heat with hair drier with gas in? I've heard of this, but have never done it. Where does one get Dry Ice? I appreciate your feed back.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Dry Ice will only work if the dent is very shallow. A paintless dent remover can take these out pretty inexpensively without draining or removing the tank. With a tank repair, I would let them do it. Should be less than $100 to do it.

·
Registered
249 Posts
gives the Rebel character..

·
Registered
73 Posts
Remove the tank. Drain the gas. Heat the dent with a heat gun. Then while it's still hot, hold a can of compressed air (keyboard duster) upside down and spray it on the area to shrink it. If that don't work get some Bondo and paint.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Again, no need for Bondo and paint, just get a paintless dent remover place to pull them out. They can do it from outside and not damage the paint.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Again, no need for Bondo and paint, just get a paintless dent remover place to pull them out. They can do it from outside and not damage the paint.
Every one I've seen does it with tools on the back side of the panel.

·
Registered
320 Posts
They have glue tabs that work very well for this type application. I have seen it done on cage door pillars that you CAN"T access the inside of.

·
Registered
527 Posts
I called the paint less dent repair people and he stopped by my house and looked at the tank dent (typical signal light impact) and he told me he couldn't fix it.

Paintless dent repair is accomplished with both methods listed above, depending on the location and severity of the dent. You will not be able to apply enough pulling force with a glued on dent removal process to fix the typical Rebel tank dent.

regards
Badger

1 - 11 of 11 Posts