Honda Rebel Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1986 Honda cmx 450c Rebel
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been slowly getting my 86 450 rebuilt. Waiting on the carb kit but I got some rear pegs, cleaned and greased the front wheel, changed the super dirty oil, filter seal and O ring. Lubed the cables, and added a USB port to the battery plug, I'm planning on fabbing a locking mount for a tablet for between the bars that will fold down to cover the speedometer so I can have a digital speedometer and gps when I need it lol.
Well I'm planning on making this bike look a little different than stock so I was wondering if any generic indicators will work? I found some black and chrome LED bullet style on eBay that I want to mount on the rear fender where the red reflectors are. Also my drivers side rear indicator has a broken wire that goes into the socket and one filiment of the bulb is broken but it still works.. just not as bright obviously so I definitely need to fix that because it sparked when I touched the wire to the socket. I see that I have to take out all of the wiring from underneath to have enough slack to fix it but I was curious what the 3rd wire is if it's broken off? I've been working on it all evening so I was curious before I get some cheap indicators.
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive lighting
Flash photography Font Motor vehicle Personal protective equipment Auto part

·
Super Moderator
4,239 Posts
don't do it - that 450 looks too nice to modify

·
Registered
1986 Honda cmx 450c Rebel
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
don't do it - that 450 looks too nice to modify
Behind the red reflectors is a hole so I can always put the reflector back on to hide the hole if i enlarge it. I'll make it clean. I think colored reflectors look tacky but I'm not going to do anything that I can't put back to stock. I want the front indicator on the forks next to the headlight too. The bars are slightly bent from my little accident so I've been looking for some with a better look but not low like a bobber. Mine curve way down and I'd rather have more of a bicycle bar angle at the ends.

·
Registered
6,178 Posts
Behind the red reflectors is a hole so I can always put the reflector back on to hide the hole if i enlarge it. I'll make it clean. I think colored reflectors look tacky but I'm not going to do anything that I can't put back to stock. I want the front indicator on the forks next to the headlight too. The bars are slightly bent from my little accident so I've been looking for some with a better look but not low like a bobber. Mine curve way down and I'd rather have more of a bicycle bar angle at the ends.
:eek: :eek: :eek: I'll trade you my silver '86 for yours! You have a vintage awesome looking bike. You should keep it stock as much as you can. It would be worth more.:eek::eek::eek:

·
Registered
2001 CMX250 El Bandito, 1984 CB650SC Bike Tyson, 2000 LS650 Suzuki-gun
241 Posts
While I love the original style, I'm not crazy about the stock turn signals. My friends compliment the sequential LED ones I put on mine.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts