Honda Rebel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright. So to start off I’ve got myself a project bike 1987 Honda rebel cmx250. I am currently building a cafe racer but kind of want to resto-mod it can I fit 2021 parts on this bike?

·
Super Moderator
1987 CMX250C AC
1,984 Posts
Welcome to the forum
No, to answer your question.
I think I could rewire 15 First generation Rebels with wiring from 1 Third generation..
Suppose the mirrors might swap over....
Than again,, if it can be thought, it can be done..

·
Super Moderator
30,346 Posts
Welcome. Many of the parts from the 1996-2016 second generation Rebels are interchangeable with the first generation (1985-87), but that may not be the direction you want to go. Third generation (2017 and up) has nothing in common other than the Rebel name.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well thanks for the input I love the height and ease of getting the cafe racer stance from the first generation but the modern mean look of the third generation I would love to see incorporated maybe I’ll find a way to custom alter a third to get the shape and level it the way I want to!

·
Super Moderator
1987 CMX250C AC
1,984 Posts
Those that appreciate the 3rd gen Rebel "mean look" can be found on www.hondarebel3forum.com..
The digitally controlled systems won't see 30+ years of operation like 1st gen owners have.. Tech planned obsolescence will be the end of us all..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts