Honda Rebel 250 & 450 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

· Registered
2012 250 Rebel
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2012 250 Rebel

Just got my National Cycle Street Shield EX today after seeing all the good words about this windscreen on here. It appears the lower corners of the windscreen partially covers the front turn signals on my bike....haven't seen this mentioned on the forum. Is there a simple way to lower the turn signals or some other way to avoid this interference? Thanks for any help.

· Premium Member
1985, 86 CMX250C, 81 CM200T, 74 CL360, Invisible to cages, treat them accordingly. Avoids Road RAGE!
4,056 Posts
I don't have that kind of windscreen but I had to lower mine when I installed my windshield.
I used HD directionals which have the added benefit of having markers as well. They attached to the tops of the front struts with minimal effort.

· Registered
2012 250 Rebel
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Emil, I went ahead and mounted it a little high to clear the turn signals and bring it in close to the instrument panel as Buickguy recommended. Too cold here today to ride, so will check it out and tweak it when it warms up.

· Registered
National Cycle's Streetshield EX. Corbin Saddle. Tourmaster Saddlebags.
1,111 Posts
Sorry I'm just now seeing this. I've had the Street Shield EX on my bike since day one and it just takes a bit of fiddling to make it fit good and solid above the signal lights. Even if it "clips" them by an 1/8" they'll still be plenty bright so don't worry too much over it.

· Registered
2012 250 Rebel
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Chris, thanks, that's how I ended up mounting it, just slightly above the turn signals. Thought this was too high, but looking at pictures on this forum, I see several with it this high. I'm 6 ft tall, so it may work out good that high. Thanks again!

· Registered
1,111 Posts
When I was trying to decide where I wanted my shield, I'd go down the road and stand up and let the wind hit my face. Then I'd lower toward the seat and when the wind no longer hit my helmet I mentally registared the relationship between my face and the top of the shield. So when I sat down I adjusted the windshield so it was in that same position. Now when I ride down the road at highway speed, I can double up my fist and place it on top of my helmet and and feel the wind going over the top of my fist. Works for me. Enjoy your Street Shield. Nice windshield.

· Super Moderator
33,035 Posts
Can't remember if it was with the instructions that came with my windshield or if I read it somewhere, but it suggested that it be adjusted so the wind barely hit the top of the helmet, not go completely over it.

· Premium Member
1985, 86 CMX250C, 81 CM200T, 74 CL360, Invisible to cages, treat them accordingly. Avoids Road RAGE!
4,056 Posts
The wind just barely gets over my head, but my wife complains about the buffeting if I'm behind a large vehicle.

I guess I can answer her the same as my mom once did when she left a cabinet open, (she was a head shorter than me), and, not seeing it, I bashed my head into it. Her answer... "It doesn't bother me!" with a big grin on her face.

· Registered
1,111 Posts
flitecontrol,

I read your post while on the treadmill in the gym this morning. Checked the location of the wind in relationship to my helmet and that's exactly where it is...............just grazing the top of the helmet. Guess it's moved a bit with all the stuff I've been doing up on the front forks with the wind diverters, etc. So it's working good because it's adjusted correctly...........even though I didn't know what the heck I was talking about! :D

· Premium Member
4,056 Posts
My wife swears she will never ride with me. She was happy to ride 48 years ago before we married! I think I’ll shoot for top of helmet.
The Rebel, is IMO the perfect bike to cruise around 2-up on back roads.
My wife was the same, even during hard peg scraping curves on my sport bikes. On many rides I even had to make sure that she was awake! The GW was too comfortable, if there truly is such a thing. But I've caught her starting to doze many times on many different motorcycles. Not yet on the Rebels though.
Now it's "slow down" with a slap, even on this little machine!
She still does ask to go out riding, if it's a nice day though.

· Registered
2014 250 Rebel
28 Posts
2012 250 Rebel

Just got my National Cycle Street Shield EX today after seeing all the good words about this windscreen on here. It appears the lower corners of the windscreen partially covers the front turn signals on my bike....haven't seen this mentioned on the forum. Is there a simple way to lower the turn signals or some other way to avoid this interference? Thanks for any help.
Hi,I have a national on my 2015 ,it doesnt extend out that far.Sure you got the correct one for a rebel? Will send pic if you wish. Take Care

· Registered
2012 250 Rebel
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hi,I have a national on my 2015 ,it doesnt extend out that far.Sure you got the correct one for a rebel? Will send pic if you wish. Take Care
Thanks Lexi, I got mine on, bottom comes just to top of the turn signals. Got the model ‎N2567-01 which said it was for Honda Rebel 250. I rode it yesterday and seemed really good, wind just at top of my helmet. Bottom of windshield is 3 inches above headlight, which is max National Cycle instructions recommended, so I think I'm good.....but would like to see pictures of yours and I'm sure others would too. I'll try to put pictures of mine on here in a follow up post and some lessons learned that may help others. Thanks again for the reply!

· Registered
5 Posts
2012 250 Rebel

Yeah, your turn signals should be mounted to the light bar that runs between your front forks. You CAN lower or raise that bar and in turn lower or raise your turn signals. You just have to be mindful of the wires running to them and may have to re run the wires to ensure they can reach to their new location.

· Registered
2012 250 Rebel
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks, ArmyLaws, but on my 2012 250 Rebel they are mounted separately each to top of the fork with two bolts, one of which would loosen and allow me to slide the signal down the fork, but the second bolt goes up vertically and would have to be left unattached if I lowered it. Thanks for the response though!

· Registered
5 Posts
Thanks, ArmyLaws, but on my 2012 250 Rebel they are mounted separately each to top of the fork with two bolts, one of which would loosen and allow me to slide the signal down the fork, but the second bolt goes up vertically and would have to be left unattached if I lowered it. Thanks for the response though!
Ah man, that sucks. I would have thought they'd be attached to some kind of light bar like they are on the newer Rebels. Im sorry. I'd be looking to see if some 3rd party makes an aftermarket light bar that they could be attached to instead. I'm sure for as long as the 250s have been around that SOMEONE has made something like that for it.

· Premium Member
4,056 Posts
I couldn't give any counsel on that particular issue because mine are all 1st generation.
These are mounted to the very top of the forks on mounting holes in the aluminum. That's why I'd mentioned buying some to mount to the forks down lower. I just looked again at the '86 to see what I did there. I spaced the shield out 2" & the directionals are seen through it. It does make the front easier to clean...

1 - 20 of 20 Posts