Honda Rebel 250 & 450 Forum banner

Stands??

1K views 14 replies 5 participants last post by  rickybug 
#1 · (Edited)
I've read a lot of posts on here about stands. Sidearm stands and others. I'm new to this and have a 2000 honda rebel 250. I was looking at either the venom stands which it says you don't need spools, and the 1500 steel lift from harbor freight. When I look under the bike it doesn't seem like the hf thing will work since my exhaust is on both sides it doesn't really look like there's anywhere to git it under there without hitting the exhaust when it lifts. The venom stands say that they fit a honda cmx250 without needing the spools it's a sidearm lift. You get front and back for about $89. What do you guys think?
Also...everyone says to add sea foam to the tank. Is this really a good option? I feel like when I rebuilt my carb that there was a bunch of residue that looked like sea foam. Is that right or is that greeny looking gunk just what happens?
Thank you all for your help just want to do what's right for me and for the bike

#2 ·
Reactions: rickybug
#6 ·
#3 ·
Thanks and it should've said sea foam lol. I was just wondering if that was normal to have the green goop in there. It had been sitting for about 2 years before I got it so...is sea foam a good thing to use in the tank?
Also yeah I looked at that but it seems too wide to sit anywhere under the bike. Do you have one? And what kind of bike do you have?

#5 ·
I have Venom stands and love them. When I don't need them I hang them up in the garage. Little space used...

The green gas I would drain. Gasoline here in Ohio has alcohol added. Alcohol absorbs water. Water turns brass and copper green.

#8 ·
As far as stands go, I use the tip up ones under the swing arm for the back wheels. (Don't know what they're called)
I have found it is so much more stable than I thought it would be. Of course it only lifts the back wheel. But once it's up I can use my car jack under my 'crash bars'. (Gawd, I hate that name!)
I bought the cheap one from HF. I wonder if the more expensive ones are better?

#9 ·
I can use my car jack under my 'crash bars'. (Gawd, I hate that name!)
I always call it an "engine guard". It's a much better name! ;) :giggle:

• Helpful
Reactions: rickybug
#13 ·
fairly stable as you are supporting the frame..
you could run a ratchet strap from one side of jack over the frame to the other side of jack and dang near make jack a permanent fixture..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.