Honda Rebel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Oh, I dont think anyone makes one that will bolt up without some modification. That being, swapping the neck stem and/or remaking the stem..Theres a member here thats going to have one on a bike he's doing. Its not me though, and I'm sworn to zippin the lip.

But store bought, bolt it up. Nothing.

·
Registered
6,131 Posts
Someone has made one before, but I can't find the picture anymore.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Do a search for Asian or European models, Honda once put out a rebel with a springer front end.
And if you have the time, search some foreign Honda dealers and note the different models and the fact everything has fuel injection.
???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
LOL, theres a million Jap bikes with springers on them. the question was, is there a springer ready made for a rebel?

Ive got 4 springers, one, on one of my bikes, another going on another one of my bikes and another in the works.

Springers, or girders, are a dime a dozen. But none made for a Rebel from the get go.

Zuke GS750

Attachments

·
Registered
4,257 Posts
That is nice! The first bike I ever road on (passenger) looked a lot like that. It was my brothers, I think it was a Pan head?

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Well LV, if it was a panhead, he should have kept it! Worth big dollars nowadays. I like springers, allways have. I mess with them and rebuild them from time to time. But a panhead, I'd give my left for...

·
Registered
4,257 Posts
He traded it in for a wing when he turned 70, said the ride was to hard on his back.

·
Premium Member
2,157 Posts
Wow... I like that look... How hard is it to put the springers on the Rebel... is there a springer that is better... I know it is not a direct fit...
I think I can handle, with the help of my neighbors, the swapping of the stem... and now would be a good time since I am down to the frame... have it all apart doing a complete rebuild...

I really do like that look...

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Wow... I like that look... How hard is it to put the springers on the Rebel... is there a springer that is better... I know it is not a direct fit...
I think I can handle, with the help of my neighbors, the swapping of the stem... and now would be a good time since I am down to the frame... have it all apart doing a complete rebuild...

I really do like that look...
If your talking about my GS, theres a lot of things going on there. Its not a stock frame to start with. The neck is raked out the waazoo, goosenecked and pretty much not seen before.

If you want a long front end on a bike, theres a LOT of things that have to be figured out and done BEFORE ya actually do it. Trail has to be within manageable numbers, (thats a safety thing and a ride able thing), how much is that gonna cost thing, who's doing the work that I'm betting my life on and so forth. I know what I can do, so its on me if it fails. If you have someone else do it, make sure they have a GOOD insurance policy.

You can get springers to match your existing fork length, so you wouldn't need to rake your stock bikes neck. But a stem swap and a little rework would be required.

·
Registered
5,770 Posts
Hey Henry, haven't seen that zuke since you got it all put together, lookin good !! What'd you end up with for your trail numbers?

Along with LV's question on a springer for the Rebel... how much does weight factor into this? I would guess that special consideration should also be given to the brake system, axle size (in other words, either special rockers made or bushings cut to fit the axle), spacers needed, probablility of no fender (if you were inclined to keep one)... etc...?

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Hey Henry, haven't seen that zuke since you got it all put together, lookin good !! What'd you end up with for your trail numbers?

Bigger than i wanted, but in the realm of things!

Along with LV's question on a springer for the Rebel... how much does weight factor into this?

Weight figures into the size of the springs and how much you load them when ya set the bike up.

I would guess that special consideration should also be given to the brake system, axle size (in other words, either special rockers made or bushings cut to fit the axle), spacers needed, probablility of no fender (if you were inclined to keep one)... etc...?

yes, to all the above.
As I said Cagie, there is no springer made, that I know of, for a Rebel.
As I also said, its gonna cost or be work involved to make one fit. It can be done. It would depend on how bad ya wanted it.

·
Registered
5,770 Posts
cool, thanks... not just for me but to educate those that want to know

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
I hear that. Throwing a new, 5 or 6 hundred buck springer and having to modify, make parts for or cut up on a Rebel, realistically would be a waste. On a good day, 2k for a 250 anything, whatever condition would a gift. So, drop the coin, get it done...not a wise investment.

Course theres nuts like me that got nothing better to do.:p

·
Registered
4,955 Posts
Easiest way would be to swap out the rebel neck for a sportster one. Then you would have a large list of front ends you could bolt on.

·
Registered
5,770 Posts
Easiest way would be to swap out the rebel neck for a sportster one. Then you would have a large list of front ends you could bolt on.
And the headache of having to retitle the bike...

·
Registered
4,955 Posts
Can't the old frame numbers just be relocated to a different area of the rebel frame? Or welded over top the sportster neck

1 - 20 of 21 Posts