Honda Rebel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of November's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
'06 rebel
Speedometer turns inside holder

Is there a missing retainer in the cutout section?
Or a retainer in that square hole in the speedometer bottom?

·
Premium Member
85 CMX 250C, 82 GW Remember that you are invisible, treat all others accordingly. Avoids Road RAGE!
2,113 Posts
Font Auto part Diagram Line art Drawing

This is from partzilla. If I remember correctly, the rubber O-ring holds it in place, along with its cables. If you tighten the 2 back nuts(26), it should squeeze the o-ring tight. Not too tight, though!

·
Registered
321 Posts
Speedo cable is twisted.
Release the top fitting, set the speedo in the correct spot and tighten the fitting again. Lube the cable with some engine oil, poured in the top while you at it.

·
Premium Member
85 CMX 250C, 82 GW Remember that you are invisible, treat all others accordingly. Avoids Road RAGE!
2,113 Posts
Be very careful not to put too much oil in the cable as I did before. Centripetal force brought the oil up into the gear of the speedometer causing it first to be noisy, a high pitched squeal, and then eventually the needle jumped all over the place. I had to take it completely apart to clean out the oil. This is an intricate & arduous process. You don't want to have to do it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts