1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6,037 Posts
Don't the bulbs push in and twist?

·
Super Moderator
29,355 Posts
Never replaced one of these, but is it possible that the wires and socket can be pushed through the rubber boot from the bottom, allowing access to the bulb?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Never replaced one of these, but is it possible that the wires and socket can be pushed through the rubber boot from the bottom, allowing access to the bulb?
i have tryed this but the wire casing is heat sealed by the factory i was considering just cutting the rubber boot but this will be permenantly on show due to positioning

·
Super Moderator
29,355 Posts
Guess you've tried rolling the boot back on itself? If not, some WD-40 ought to help things slide easier.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Guess you've tried rolling the boot back on itself? If not, some WD-40 ought to help things slide easier.
ive tryed but its to stiff thinging maybe trying some long nose pliers to pull then the new bulbs will just push in

·
Super Moderator
29,355 Posts
Soaking old rubber parts in oil of wintergreen or DOT3 brake fluid for a few hours will soften them up.

·
Super Moderator
29,355 Posts
Not sure about the brake fluid, but the oil of wintergreen doesn't seem to. That trick has been around a long time, and I haven't heard of any problems. I used it to soften stiff carb diaphragm and carb boot.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Not sure about the brake fluid, but the oil of wintergreen doesn't seem to. That trick has been around a long time, and I haven't heard of any problems. I used it to soften stiff carb diaphragm and carb boot.
is their a uk alternative to wintergreen??

1 - 12 of 12 Posts