Honda Rebel Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
picked up 85 250 rebel and had to order some parts online.I had the original owners manual and the spark plug it calls for is NGK CR6HS and i ordered my parts and they called me and said NGK recommends CR6HSA was wondering whats the difference?I told them i wanted what the manual calls for.Thx

·
Registered
2,266 Posts
According to the NGK book, The extra "A" stands for SPEICAL CODE
That could be anybody's guess as to what that means.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well strange thing is ngk usa site says CR6HS and Ngk Canada says CR6HSA so i will stick with what the manual says CR6HS

·
Super Moderator
7,829 Posts
Either plug will work fine

·
Registered
151 Posts
Well strange thing is ngk usa site says CR6HS and Ngk Canada says CR6HSA so i will stick with what the manual says CR6HS
As noted by others... either plug will work fine. I use the copper ones not iridium, I figure I can change plugs twice to three times for the cost of one set of iridium, but the iridium will last more miles between changes assuming your engine is in good shape, not burning oil and no carb issues. Mine is pristine so I just change the coppers annually.

BTW.... avoid the Powersports dealers for plugs, you can get them a whole lot cheaper at Autozone or other big box parts stores, most carry NGK.

·
Registered
180 Posts
According to the NGK book, The extra "A" stands for SPEICAL CODE
That could be anybody's guess as to what that means.
It signifies a non-standard tip.
http://www.ngksparkplugs.com/techinfo/spark_plugs/partnumberkey.pdf

The rebel is listed in fitment for both but the non standard tip can fit more engines. This probably alleviates some inventory issues for vendors and cuts down on production hours going to waste on a small market.
NGK 7023 CR6HS Nickel Spark Plug
NGK 2983 CR6HSA Nickel Spark Plug

·
Registered
35 Posts
The CR6HSA is a non standard tipped plug designed just for powersports applications. I have been running a set this year with no issues in the 5k miles they have been in the bike. NGK has a support number you can call.

Technical Support
hours: 8:30am - 5:00pm Monday-Friday EST
tel: 1-877-473-6767 prompt #2

1 - 10 of 10 Posts