Honda Rebel 250 & 450 Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of November's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
1986 rebel 2004 sportster
355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had a few setbacks with my 1987 frame-up build. It is finally done, but i was held up for a week with a loss of spark. Sometimes the spark would be fine- several times the bike started and ran on one cylinder while an extra plug laying on the fins sparked happily away. 20 minutes later, nothing….i read and re-read all the no spark posts i could find…. Finally i determined by sheer luck that the bike would spark if i had the point of my continuity tester jammed into the cdi box. Mostly along the black and yellow line to the coils, also the black and blue line. I replaced the cdi box for the third time after cleaning all the connections. It has been fine since. This was my first frame-up build so i learned a lot. Mostly i learned that a frame-up is a lot of work. The 87 has the darker honda tank sticker.

Attachments

·
Registered
86 Rebel 450 (blue w/title and Black no title yet)
107 Posts
I went through that on my old CB1100F(wish I had that still!). It drove me nuts all summer. I finally figured it out a week before winter storage. The next spring some guy offered me stupid money for it, man I miss that bike!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts