Honda Rebel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of November's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
85 CMX 250C, 82 GW Remember that you are invisible, treat all others accordingly. Avoids Road RAGE!
2,112 Posts
Personally I like the analog because it doesn't need electricity to run. However, the digital are much easier to see at night, albeit blindingly bright, unless they have a dimmer.
Still your choice. :unsure:

·
Premium Member
85 CMX 250C, 82 GW Remember that you are invisible, treat all others accordingly. Avoids Road RAGE!
2,112 Posts
Obvious a lot of time & effort to make it nice. It might be wise to keep the steering locked once it gets closer to completion. Don't want Pete & Repeat! Enjoy the project!

·
Premium Member
2,112 Posts
If you take off the steering lock, you can have a key made from it. Just 2 Phillips bolts.

·
Premium Member
2,112 Posts
That's right! I keep forgetting things. The key code should be stamped on the steering lock as well.

·
Premium Member
2,112 Posts
You say the stator is outputting as it should. So, When cranking you have at least a hundred volts going to the CDI using a Peak voltmeter?

·
Premium Member
2,112 Posts
There is a wire that shorts out the CDI when you shut off the ignition or hit the kill switch. I think it's generally a black wire. But I don't know the CM 250.

·
Premium Member
2,112 Posts
That is a complicated question with a complicated answer. If you're asking where it gets power nearby, it gets its power from the high low beam switch, blue & white wires which in turn get their power from a blue/white wire. If you are going further back, the blue/white gets its power from the brown/red through the ignition stop switch which comes from fuse number 2. This is on a 1st gen Rebel.
Fuse 2 gets its power from a black wire coming from the ignition switch. The ignition switch is powered by a red wire through the main fuse from the battery.
Guess this is "Adam to Armageddon" but the question was broad.

·
Premium Member
2,112 Posts
You've come this far & spent X amount of time & money to fix this. I think that you're being a bit hyperboleous about throwing in the towel. You'll get it, don't give up.

Reactions: Justsomeguy

·
Premium Member
2,112 Posts
Well, you've found your problem & a way to solve it in a most unconventional way. BUT IT WORKED! Welcome to the school of Seat of the Pants engineering! 🤣

·
Premium Member
2,112 Posts
I was raised with that kind of engineering. Eventually, I became one of the highest paid hourly employees in the engineering Department. Being able to come up with a fix when nothing is available, is an art! And quite often the things that were engineered became the Common Place afterwards.
I don't know if you've heard the adage,
"We the unwilling, led by the unknowing, have done so much with so little for so long, that we now feel fully capable to do the impossible, with absolutely nothing!"

·
Premium Member
2,112 Posts
I only graduated 12th grade too. But, was an avid reader all of my youth. Reading decidedly helps with ones vocabulary. I'll try not to be so sesquipedalian from here on out.;);)o_O:cautious:

·
Premium Member
2,112 Posts
No, just an average Joe. Only enjoyed big words when I was young. I hardly use them anymore. Just more rubbish that clogs the mind. Clarity is much more important!

·
Premium Member
2,112 Posts
Sounds like when someone asks for help with old plumbing. Replace a water heater on 1 side of the basement... a pipe starts leaking on the other side right as I finish!
Many things work that way. It boils down to a long term lack of proper maintenance!

·
Premium Member
2,112 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,112 Posts
If you mean fuel filter, yes definitely do it. But oil filter is Impractical if not impossible.

·
Premium Member
2,112 Posts
If you install a pod filter you also need a filter for the air intake for the engine crankcase ventilation.

·
Premium Member
2,112 Posts
I have a question for you. In your 1st post on this thread, you stated that you were fixing the motorcycles for a way to make money. After all of this work, is this bike going to be for you, or is it to sell? If it's to sell, I see the point of making it look cool. But doing these mods is also unnecessarily costly. If you're keeping it for yourself, do what you like for yourself. If it's to sell, do what you need to make it nice to sell.

·
Premium Member
2,112 Posts
If there's no spark push starting isn't going to help. I'm wondering if one of the wires from the stator came loose that supplies the CDI.
It's only 5 miles, & the bike is light & will support you on the walk.
Seriously though, we don't know your full situation & Hope the best for you.

·
Premium Member
2,112 Posts
1 - 19 of 19 Posts