Honda Rebel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bikes on the road!! carbs cleaned, new oil, filters, chain, fresh battery and fresh bulbs all the way around, feelin good.... THEN>>> Out on a ride last week and realized my turn signals stopped working. Left signal makes the left blinker go dark, right makes right go dark, opposite sides still light up, rears are out completely. checked bulbs, fuses, most of the exposed wiring all was good.. anyone have any suggestions? Could it be a signal relay?

1986 Rebel 450 (if its not in my signature)

·
Super Moderator
13,126 Posts
It could be a dirty switch.

·
Registered
9 Posts
How would one go about cleaning said switch??.. I had it open and peaked inside, that thing is a pain to put back together. It looked pretty dirty but I didn't really know how to clean it, and figured if it was making a connection then it would work

·
Registered
3,083 Posts
How would one go about cleaning said switch??.. I had it open and peaked inside, that thing is a pain to put back together. It looked pretty dirty but I didn't really know how to clean it, and figured if it was making a connection then it would work
I would try using DeoxIT contact cleaner available at most Radio Shack stores.
It is by far the best cleaner to use for electrical switches and contacts.
I have been using it for years on everything from old radio slide switches, volume controls, battery connections, ground connections, etc.
An awesome product from Caig Labs.
P.S. - they have a huge array of cleaners for every electrical/electronic applications too!:cool:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts