Honda Rebel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,754 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:confused:I just finished putting a Velorex sidecar on my 450. Something I have never done. It turned out looking nice.
Took it for a ride and checked it all out, then my wife and I went for a small ride. I have been trying to get her to go with me on my bike sense we got married and that has been 20 years.
I have been riding bikes for 51 years and my other two wives were into riding with me or on there own bikes. of course those marriages didn't last as long as this time around.
I am really glad to get my wife to go with me. I have tried a Sportster trike and she didn't like that but she is willing to go with me with my new rig.
For some reason the site isn't letting me upload my pictures, so I am putting some in my pictures.
I will have to try later. It let me put pictures of handlebars where jboy was looking for 450 bars. But not here or in my photo's.:confused:

·
Registered
111 Posts
I really want to see a pic of this...

·
Premium Member
1,754 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
450 sidecar

:mad:I will try again to download some pictures. If the site will let me. I have tried to upload some pictures on the site but I keep getting a error and it will not let me. If you want to see some pictures email me at [email protected] and I can download pictures back to you.:mad:

Ride safe

·
Registered
6,094 Posts
:mad:I will try again to download some pictures. If the site will let me. I have tried to upload some pictures on the site but I keep getting a error and it will not let me. If you want to see some pictures email me at [email protected] and I can download pictures back to you.:mad:

Ride safe
jax I can understand the frustration when trying to upload pics! I have dial-up and it's agonizingly slow! I had to make sure my pictures only had a resolution of 1024 KB or less, or 1024 X 768 pixels in dimensions. I make a copy of the picture I plan to upload and resize it so it'll post. The server only accepts those sizes.

Hope you can get it figured out, becouse I'd like to see your set up.:)

·
Premium Member
1,754 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Maybe it is my computer or something, my camera is set at 640x480 an 2236 pictures. I have it set this way for downloading onto the internet. I have had no problem in downloading pictures to ebay or craigslist or to my email. The only site I have had a problem with is here at the forum. I had downloaded picture of some handle bars I had and they downloaded ok, now even those pictures are no longer on the site.
I have tried again this morning to download pictures to my photos but no luck. I keep getting a error message.
I don't understand what is going on. The last 4 days I haven't been able to download anything to the forum.

Ride safe

·
Registered
5,770 Posts
another option that many of us do to avoid this type of thing is to upload the pictures to a free site like photobucket then link the pictures.

This site has had issues in the past with image uploading. Are you trying to upload directly from the camera or are you putting them on your PC then uploading to the site? What is the typical image size (not resolution dimensions, but file size)?

I just tried an image attachment that was 121 kb. 640 x 426. 240 dpi and it wouldn't load (error that the image exceeded the 97.7 kb limit)

Tried the same image, 640 x 426 72dpi 62 kb, loaded fine.
IMGP4012-22.jpg

It all has to do with the final dpi that your camera is set to. i.e. 640 x 480 can be set to 'high' dpi or 'low' dpi for web (screen) imaging.

·
Banned
2,279 Posts
I used to have dial up, but recently got a new $1000 computer (laptop) and DSL to go with it. I'm absolutely thrilled. I've watched a zillion YouTube videos recently. But posting pictures here is still a problem, and I've also had a number of problems with Photobucket. I now use Google Picasa. So far, it has worked fine. http://picasaweb.google.com/Gerald2550/JerryS04Rebel250#

The only sidecar rig I've ever seen up close was a Ural, and it was built as a sidecar rig. I always wondered how you attached a sidecar to a regular motorcycle. I have decided that if I ever become physically unable to ride a 2 wheeler, I will get a sidecar rig. I have no interest in trikes, at least ones made from motorcycles. I drove a VW powered trike once, and thought that was pretty fun. Jerry.

·
Premium Member
1,754 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
junkyarddog, Thanks I will try that and see if that will help. I'll let you know.

·
Premium Member
1,754 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I have all my pictures on the picasa site and I still can't figure out how to get them to download to the forum. I will keep $%^#@&* with it and see if I can get it figured out.
When I do there will be pictures of the sidecar and bike. Took it out today to mail some stuff I sold on ebay, lots of room to haul stuff.

Ride safe

·
Registered
6,094 Posts
I used to have dial up, but recently got a new $1000 computer (laptop) and DSL to go with it. I'm absolutely thrilled. I've watched a zillion YouTube videos recently. Jerry.
I called Verizon again earlier this week to get DSL. It's the 4th time I called about it in the last 3 years. In the past the answer has always been "not available in your area!". This time I was told that someone on my road has it! They must be trying hard to p*** me off becouse the house is only two houses away and they are on the "border" or edge of their limits. COME ON!:mad: I'm waiting on a reply from them on the verdict.

·
Registered
9 Posts
omg i know how u feel they had dsl about 1/2 mile up my road and i called 3 times a week for about 8 months and they finally got it the rest of the way up the road. about 1 month ago itll happen i just kept bugging them if u can get other ppl to call to.

·
Banned
2,279 Posts
DSL only became available at my address a few months ago, through the local phone company. Prior to that, if you wanted high speed internet, you had to get it from the local cable tv company, and was not available unless you also got cable tv. Basic cable here is over $60 a month. And I don't even watch TV. I totally gave up TV over 10 years ago, first because there was simply nothing on it that I wanted to watch, and second, because I am not able to just sit there and watch something. I need to actually be doing something. I never have been a big tv watcher anyway, having grown up on a farm, and being the mechanical type, there was always something "real" to do.

However, I'm not sure my internet addiction is any better than tv addiction, but at least it is interactive. I've never been the couch potato type. Jerry.

·
Registered
6,572 Posts
I had dsl when I lived in an apartment, but it wasn't available in my house when I moved, so I switched to cable. I had to argue with them every month for the first six months over the bill because they kept charging me for "basic" cable. Under federal law, they have to offer a package of only local broadcast channels with no box, no extras. It costs about eleven bucks a month. You usually have to talk to a supervisor to get it. Cable internet is faster than dsl most of the time, but it slows down at times due to traffic.

·
Registered
6,094 Posts
Maybe I should be calling them more often then. Time for Guba to be abuG!:animal0028:

·
Premium Member
1,754 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
We can't get cable where we live or DSL. We have wild blue which is a satellite co. So we have 2 dishes on our roof one for tv and one internet.
I still haven't been able to figure out how to down load any pictures to the forum. I guess no more pictures for me.

Ride safe

·
Premium Member
1,754 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
:Dlets see if this will work

1 - 20 of 31 Posts