Honda Rebel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
04 Rebel CMX250C
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 04 cmx 250 and was wondering if there was an alternative to the OEM side covers? The male end is broken on one and I have tried Epoxy, but it broke again. On the opposite side there is a missing fitting on the air box cover. Is there anything aftermarket that looks nice. I know I can purchase replacement, but looking for something different if available. I have seen a picture somewhere that the battery is covered by a chrome something, or is that not a Rebel?

·
Super Moderator
1987 CMX250C AC
1,985 Posts
Be advised the Chinese knock off right side cover needs modification to fit on US bikes..
Shadow Shack did a write up on the modification..

Steel Left and Right side covers are sold by Bobber Cycle

·
Registered
04 Rebel CMX250C
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the info from both posts. By appearance mine are fine. It is the securement that is no good. I will have to figure a way to fix them. The Steel ones are beyond my budget.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have an 04 cmx 250 and was wondering if there was an alternative to the OEM side covers? The male end is broken on one and I have tried Epoxy, but it broke again. On the opposite side there is a missing fitting on the air box cover. Is there anything aftermarket that looks nice. I know I can purchase replacement, but looking for something different if available. I have seen a picture somewhere that the battery is covered by a chrome something, or is that not a Rebel?
What color is you bike? I have found them on Ebay occasionally, I have a right side blue and a left side with same problem.

·
Registered
04 Rebel CMX250C
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Both sides are black. They are in good condition by appearance, but have broken fasteners except for the tab for the screw. I have not gotten back to finding a good way to secure them. I am busy re-upholsering my seat, but will find a way after that.

Another issue I just found is the bike shuts off if I turn all the way to lock to the right. This can't be a safety thing. I will be looking for a pinched wire.

·
Registered
04 Rebel CMX250C
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Both sides are black. They are in good condition by appearance, but have broken fasteners except for the tab for the screw. I have not gotten back to finding a good way to secure them. I am busy re-upholsering my seat, but will find a way after that.

Another issue I just found is the bike shuts off if I turn all the way to lock to the right. This can't be a safety thing. I will be looking for a pinched wire.
So in box behind the headlight, there are a number of connections. My problem was there was just enough tension to disconnect the red wire that feeds the CDI. I changed the connector all is well.
I have to include Pic of my hand at re-upholsering my seat.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
30,346 Posts
Glad you found the problem. Seat looks good.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts