Honda Rebel Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone of you ever had to install a Side Cover Stay? The OEM part does not seem to fit. If you have a suggestion please leave one.
If you have a picture...that might help. Thank you.

·
Super Moderator
3,673 Posts
What does the S Cover Stay connect too? I have mine bolted with the battery tray. I can't imagine another place to bolt it too.]
If it's already bolted to the battery tray and unimaginable that it could bolt anywhere else - I'm not getting why you're asking this question.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
What does the S Cover Stay connect too? I have mine bolted with the battery tray. I can't imagine another place to bolt it too.]
If it's already bolted to the battery tray and unimaginable that it could bolt anywhere else - I'm not getting why you're asking this question.
Oh...it's was the cheap Chinese made side covers from Ebay...the right side cover will not fit ...but Ebay and Amazon keep selling them.
Can't imagine why.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
And I have know visual reference of the location of the Side Cover Stay and the cheap knock-off side covers dont fit...well...the right side dont.
Furthermore....the parts diagram and the service manual does not show how to connect this stay. So I have to use my imagination to fit the pieces together.
At least my service manual dont show the connection....do you know of a service manual that does? That would be a great help.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited by Moderator)
My bike( PeeWees Big Adventure ) My bike was stolen and I never got the side covers back. So, in order to save money I bought the Cheep Clone, Made in China, Knock off brand. I did not know that they are famous for " the right side cover does not fit" .....and they have been selling then this way for years"
I thought I was doing something that made Rick and Morty mad.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I would ...I need to see the pictures that are blocked...I can only get an idea of what you are talking about.
Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
3,673 Posts
I would ...I need to see the pictures that are blocked...I can only get an idea of what you are talking about.
Thanks.
you should search for solutions offered by user "Shadow Shack" - he solved that problem

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yeh...I read read Shadow Shack Shadow Shack 6 steps to amazing side covers. I was wondering why the pictures are blocked. Do you know why image is blocked?..or why I can't " in a post any more?

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I'm going to start a new tread/post on 2003 Honda Rebel CMX250C Handlebars...all the way down to the Tire... or.....do I need to do that?

·
Super Moderator
3,673 Posts
I'm going to start a new tread/post on 2003 Honda Rebel CMX250C Handlebars...all the way down to the Tire... or.....do I need to do that?
Better to start a new thread for each topic. You could have several for the whole front end.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts