Honda Rebel Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

Changed my oil, cleaned the screen. Have done this a few times. After reassemble I can't shift past 2nd gear and the shifting is very rough. Any thoughts? When reassembling donI have to watch something on the clutch lever on the right engine plate?

Thank you,

·
Registered
85 CMX 250C, 82 GW Remember that you are invisible, treat all others accordingly. Avoids Road RAGE!
740 Posts
There is a small piece with a Spring that may have fallen in your oil Pan. Did you check your oil Pan for any small parts?

·
Super Moderator
30,831 Posts
Welcome. It's helpful to put your bike's year and model in your signature so folks know how to respond. Here's a diagram that may be helpful: 2009 Honda CMX250C A OIL PUMP | Cheap Cycle Parts

IMO, there isn't much benefit in periodically checking the oil pump screen. The mesh is so large, all it will prevent from entering the pump are rather large chunks. Other than engine millings that may come loose within the first 1,000 miles or so, there shouldn't be anything on the screen. If there is, there are already major problems with the engine. And as you have experienced, reassembly can go wrong.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you. I remember seeing that thenran into another problem and forgot. I will look for that. Does that attache to the clutch lever inside the right engine compartment? Thanks for you time!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Welcome. It's helpful to put your bike's year and model in your signature so folks know how to respond. Here's a diagram that may be helpful: 2009 Honda CMX250C A OIL PUMP | Cheap Cycle Parts

IMO, there isn't much benefit in periodically checking the oil pump screen. The mesh is so large, all it will prevent from entering the pump are rather large chunks. Other than engine millings that may come loose within the first 1,000 miles or so, there shouldn't be anything on the screen. If there is, there are already major problems with the engine. And as you have experienced, reassembly can go wrong.
Thank you. 2014 Honda Rebel. I often wondered about that. I wont be doing that again for a long time!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
There is a small piece with a Spring that may have fallen in your oil Pan. Did you check your oil Pan for any small parts?
I think I got it thanks to you. It wasn't the spring but the thing that pushes the clutch in wasn't seated properly so it wasnt moving. I am waiting on the Gasket to reconnect and will let you know how it goes. Thanks again!

·
Registered
85 CMX 250C, 82 GW Remember that you are invisible, treat all others accordingly. Avoids Road RAGE!
740 Posts
Happy to help. I've learned from bitter experience, to always check the oil pan before reassembling.
Pass it on. 🥴

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thank you. If I reconnect and it doesn't work that will be my next step. Thanks for that video.
It did not work so I am going to researCh this video. I do see the spring is on that piece. It so odd. It's like it is bent but I never touched it. It just sticks after 2nd gear. It gets to the point it would normally get to in 5th gear where there is play in the shift lever showing you have no more gears.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts