Honda Rebel 250 & 450 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I did a oil change and cleaned the screen. Aftewr doing that I can not shift past second gear. I previously posted and got great ideas but still can not get it to go past 3rd. I am going to post a photo. The shift stops at what looks like midway between 2 and 3 but not into the third gear grove. (red) The spring is there as recently instructed(blue) Does the yellow circle have to be engaged to go further? Thank fro looking and your time.

2014 Honda Rebel 250CMX

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
32,552 Posts
Welcome. Many bikes that sat without maintenance need to have the shift linkage cleaned and greased. Do the ball joints under the rubber boots, pedal pivot bolt, and the needle bearings in the left rear cover where the shift shaft passes through it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Welcome. Many bikes that sat without maintenance need to have the shift linkage cleaned and greased. Do the ball joints under the rubber boots, pedal pivot bolt, and the needle bearings in the left rear cover where the shift shaft passes through it.
Thank you, I will check it out. The person I bought the bike from said it only had 3 gears but I know it is supposed to have 5. First bike here so more to come, I am sure of it.

·
Premium Member
1985, 86 CMX250C, 81 CM200T, 74 CL360, Invisible to cages, treat them accordingly. Avoids Road RAGE!
3,412 Posts
Welcome to The Forum. Glad to have another Rebel Rider here! Especially a first generation Rebel Rider! Is your 87 a wineberry? Meaning is the gas tank and the frame the color of a wine?

·
Super Moderator
32,552 Posts
FYI, 1987 was the only year Honda made the CMX250 with the frame and tins the same color (Wineberry Red). Not rare, but unique!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts