Honda Rebel Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1986,Honda rebel 250
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all I am trying to figure out what the difference between the service manual from Honda and the shop manual from Honda are for the same year 86 Honda rebel 250

·
Super Moderator
29,176 Posts
I'm not sure there is any difference. Most I have seen are referred to as service manuals. What "shop manuals" are you looking at?

·
Registered
1986,Honda rebel 250
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There’s one on eBay if you type in 1986 Honda rebel 250 shop manual there’s one that says shop and one that says service manual I have the service manual just trying to figure out if there the same thing or one is different.

·
Super Moderator
29,176 Posts
Those are generically similar, and have similar content, whether they are called service or shop manuals. FWIW, I prefer the Honda manual over others. My second generation Honda manual says it's a service manual.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I am sure that if they are not identical, that they are virtually the same thing. On a slightly OFF topic, what does your service manual say for the valve lash/ clearance adjustment for the 86. I have seen a couple different things, one stating .002", and another stating .002" -.004". I don't want to set close to .004 if the spec is actually .002". I am wondering if the newer models have a different spec.

·
Super Moderator
29,176 Posts
Anywhere within that range (0.002" - 0.004") is acceptable.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts