Honda Rebel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchased a Honda Service Manual for my 2007 Rebel CMX250C off Ebay. It was advertised as a "1996-2013" manual. Inside the manual it says "Date of Issue: August 1995" and many of the pages have full page replacements pasted in ranging from 2000 to 2012. A couple of questions I have are:

1 - Did I get screwed or is this normally how Honad manuals are updated?

2 - How do I get on the list for new updates to my manual? (This is the most important!)

I've been glancing through the manual and some of the narrative doesn't flow well from page to page, though I also think not much info was lost. It does appear that all the pages are there, the last being "21-2". There were labels also put on the front cover and binder to show "1996-2013", covering up the old year labels.

Thanks everyone.

·
Registered
4,955 Posts
There really aren't any updates needed because nothing really changes about the rebel 250 except the colors.
The only real change they tried to make was recommending to use 10W30 oil but that is a no no. We should continue to use 10W40 and change it every 1000 miles or so..

·
Registered
4,955 Posts
The older one will work fine. No need to pay that much for a new one from Honda. Especially considering 96 and up are all the same.

·
Registered
54 Posts
part number information?

I received the Honda Service Manual by Helm for my birthday :) . Needed to get a trip meter knob since it was missing from the bike. Was surprised that the manual didn't include Honda part numbers. Do any of the other publisher manuals include part numbers? Why wouldn't the Honda book?

·
Registered
4,955 Posts

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
Cheap Cycle Parts is a good source as well.

·
Registered
13,264 Posts
Most bikes also have a parts book with part nos. These are separate from the service manual. Honda parts for common models are all available on line from several sources.

·
Registered
16 Posts
you could have gotten a downloadable version off of tradebit for $9.95 if thats all u got screwed for ur lucky i have a 2009 that ive replaced the chain change the oil. ran okay for a little and now its running poorly after sitting for 2 years and i cant trust anyone locally to look at it because they all just want to suck money out of me so im doing iy myself wonder why i hate themmmmmmm

·
Super Moderator
30,346 Posts
Not sure why Honda is concerned about bootleg copies of manual for a bike that was only made for two years in the mid '80's, but it appears they are, and have zealously guarded their copyrights. To protect the forum owners from potential litigation, such info cannot be shared on the forum's public pages. That's why the link has been deleted. ;)

·
Super Moderator
30,346 Posts
Doesn't make sense to me, either, but that's what we were told a few years back.

·
Registered
17 Posts
hello All: New member. Where can I get the OEM factory service manual for my daughter's 2012 Rebel? I clicked on the links provided above but it says the document does not exist.

·
Super Moderator
1987 CMX250C AC
1,984 Posts
Hard copies of Honda shop manual are often found on eBay.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts