Honda Rebel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys and gals
Well i done did it . I ripped my seat. I was wondering if there is a seat cover for that. I went to amazon and found one but i have my doubts that it will fit. It says it will but you if you have ever shopped on line you know rule number one buyers be ware as for right now i know it sounds stupid but i put a piece of garella tape on it to stop it from ripping more. As for right now its working.

·
Premium Member
17,771 Posts
Another alternative is a marine or automotive upholstery shop.
They cam make you a custom cover, if they are willing to do the job.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Hey guys and gals
Well i done did it . I ripped my seat. I was wondering if there is a seat cover for that. I went to amazon and found one but i have my doubts that it will fit. It says it will but you if you have ever shopped on line you know rule number one buyers be ware as for right now i know it sounds stupid but i put a piece of garella tape on it to stop it from ripping more. As for right now its working.
Also check with your local leather repair shop. I went down to my favorite shoe repair shop to have my saddlebags repaired, only to find that he was a motorcycle enthusiast who makes custom seats as a hobby. I have an old seat that's ripped, and I'm going to hand it over to him to cover when my new one starts to die. They also sell covers specifically for the Honda Rebel on eBay, but for what they sometimes charge you could have something custom made.

·
Registered
448 Posts
While you recover it there as a great thread to an artical here on how to refoam and shape your seat for more comfort.
Because a sore butt is no one's friend.

·
Registered
160 Posts
There are guys out there that do very good work. Have had 3 seats modded for me by a shop in Florida.

This one has been reshaped, resized, padded and recovered. Can ride for miles on it.

·
Premium Member
17,771 Posts
Btw i have a 2006 that seat cover on ebay goes to a 87 will it fit a 2006
Absolutely!
The only difference in the '87 seat is its the only year that isn't button tufted.
That's just a styling touch. The seat pan is exactly the same.

The nice thing about having smooth over button tufted is smooth doesn't hold rain water. Button tufted seats hold rain water in the depressions.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Absolutely!
The only difference in the '87 seat is its the only year that isn't button tufted.
That's just a styling touch. The seat pan is exactly the same.

The nice thing about having smooth over button tufted is smooth doesn't hold rain water. Button tufted seats hold rain water in the depressions.
In my part of the world - they gather lots of dirt. That was one of the "perks" when having the seat redone for comfort was getting rid of those buttons.

Was really glad to get rid of them just for aesthetics - thought it made the seat look like it had carved out of an ole timey plastic couch ....

·
Premium Member
17,771 Posts
I can imagine!

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Cool! It is cheap and a reasonable price for my wallet but.... I do not have a eBay account and I heard you have to by those accounts that's coming from a third party though

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
In my part of the world - they gather lots of dirt. That was one of the "perks" when having the seat redone for comfort was getting rid of those buttons.

Was really glad to get rid of them just for aesthetics - thought it made the seat look like it had carved out of an ole timey plastic couch ....
Ya mine to I live in az and we have dirt galore after all this is the desert!

·
Registered
41 Posts
Cool! It is cheap and a reasonable price for my wallet but.... I do not have a eBay account and I heard you have to by those accounts that's coming from a third party though
I got my eBay account just by signing up. You do need a credit card but that is easy. The more you buy the better it is.

Newt

·
Registered
3,869 Posts
Just set up a Pay Pal account and all your credit card information will be protected. The seller never sees your credit card info just the info that Pay Pal sends them. That info again doesn't contain your credit card info.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Actually, your eBay account costs nothing. You don't need a credit card. You do need a PayPal account, and you can attach that directly to your bank account. I started a separate bank account that is strictly for online purchases. I use the ATM card as a credit card with it. Just keep enough in there for your accessory purchases.

·
Registered
448 Posts

I've been using this cleaner from the 99¢ Store called Totally Awesome that cleans those groves and shines the seat up like crazy. This is an original stock seat from '86:

Attachments

·
Registered
27 Posts
I had some tears on my old Kawasaki seat. I fixed 'em with duct tape. Figured no one could tell when I was on it, and when I was off it I wouldn't care so.....

·
Registered
448 Posts
I had some tears on my old Kawasaki seat. I fixed 'em with duct tape. Figured no one could tell when I was on it, and when I was off it I wouldn't care so.....
My neighbor's a magician, so she has this great matte black duct tape that they use, slightly thinner and easier to tuck around curves and seat trim/piping. It's perfect for black seats...

1 - 20 of 28 Posts