Honda Rebel Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have searched the forums and all the posts were really old or no super helpful info. I'm looking for a new seat for my Rebel. Does anyone have recommendations for a more comfortable seat? Mustang, viking, ebay and corbin are a no go unless there is another year/model that is similar, which I cannot aware of. Any links or know anyone that has a seat for this baby where my butt won't go numb after 30 minutes? I don't need the passenger seat. Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
30,605 Posts
By no go, do you mean not available? Corbin makes a seat for the 450.

·
Super Moderator
30,605 Posts
Hmmmm, they were offering them not long ago. ChicagoMetriX has several on his 450s. The progression of the 450 | Honda Rebel Forum

You could contact them and see if they would make you one. They are pricey, but those that have them usually rate them highly.

Reactions: surfingrits

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Hmmmm, they were offering them not long ago. ChicagoMetriX has several on his 450s. The progression of the 450 | Honda Rebel Forum
For the record, I only have one.

There used to be another Rebel forum and I met a guy there that had a 450 and lived in Hollister CA. Paid him to take his bike there for a day and let them make me one. They should still have the mold. Yes, they are not cheap, as you know, but the ride is truly excellent.

I also bought some extra leather and had a guy redo a backrest. You might also notice the (Hondaline) rack. I had the mounting plates re done to allow for both to mount together..

I have 6" forwards, that helps.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
For the record, I only have one.

There used to be another Rebel forum and I met a guy there that had a 450 and lived in Hollister CA. Paid him to take his bike there for a day and let them make me one. They should still have the mold. Yes, they are not cheap, as you know, but the ride is truly excellent.

I also bought some extra leather and had a guy redo a backrest. You might also notice the (Hondaline) rack. I had the mounting plates re done to allow for both to mount together..

I have 6" forwards, that helps.

View attachment 110783
Thanks! Seats look great!

·
Super Moderator
4,140 Posts
I have searched the forums and all the posts were really old or no super helpful info. I'm looking for a new seat for my Rebel. Does anyone have recommendations for a more comfortable seat? Mustang, viking, ebay and corbin are a no go unless there is another year/model that is similar, which I cannot aware of. Any links or know anyone that has a seat for this baby where my butt won't go numb after 30 minutes? I don't need the passenger seat. Thanks!
you running 100% E fuel in that?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I have searched the forums and all the posts were really old or no super helpful info. I'm looking for a new seat for my Rebel. Does anyone have recommendations for a more comfortable seat? Mustang, viking, ebay and corbin are a no go unless there is another year/model that is similar, which I cannot aware of. Any links or know anyone that has a seat for this baby where my butt won't go numb after 30 minutes? I don't need the passenger seat. Thanks! View attachment 110778
From Corbin....not driving from ga to cali. But any Cali people could benefit!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Try what I did. There might be someone here (or on FB) that is close to Hollister with a 450. If you can bribe them, you're in. I recall that they offered the guy who took his bike there for me a discount if he wanted one.

They'll make a seat for any model bike if you can bring it or get a bike to them for a few hours.

Good luck

·
Registered
73 Posts
Check this thread out. Apparently a 250 seat can be modded for a 450

1 - 14 of 14 Posts