Honda Rebel 250 & 450 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have noticed that there is gas dripping from the front adjustable screw. I'm not quite sure what to call it. Partzilla part 16016-KEN-670-SCREW SET. Has anybody replaced one of these? Do I need to tear apart the carburetor?

I have a 2005 Honda Rebel CMX250C.

Font Line Art Wood Office ruler
oi0l-=

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I tightened it all the way down, then adjusted it until the engine runs acceptably. Seems to be not leaking for now. Found a slight leak coming out of the bottom gasket of the carburetor, so I put a coat or two of clear nail polish on it until I can afford to deal with it properly.

·
Registered
86 Rebel 450 (blue w/title and Black no title yet)
185 Posts
Take the screwdriver out of the factory tool kit and make sure the screws in the float bowl are tight. Don’t use a Phillips or you will strip it!

·
Super Moderator
32,325 Posts
Have you looked in the toolbox on the bike? I've used a regular Phillips for those screws, just be sure to maintain down pressure and don't over tighten.

·
Registered
86 Rebel 450 (blue w/title and Black no title yet)
185 Posts
I would just buy a JIS driver. I only say that because I have removed way too many stripped out screws from carbs. My brother thinks a Phillips is fine. Thing is, at least try to use the closest size Phillips.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Have you looked in the toolbox on the bike? I've used a regular Phillips for those screws, just be sure to maintain down pressure and don't over tighten.
I think my bike has been through quite a few hands. I've looked in the storage area, and the side panel Ziploc. I'm sure it probably walked off at some point.

·
Super Moderator
32,325 Posts
When removing carb screws I always use a hand impact screwdriver. Those screws tend to be extremely reluctant to come out and it's easy to bugger the heads doing it manually. Once they've been removed, installing is much easier.

·
Registered
1987 cmx450c,1976 BMW 75/6
19 Posts
Best advice, use JIS driver,if possible,they are cheap. Spray screw first,try to tighten,if you have hand impact driver as flitecontrol said ,use it onty tap to tighten once, then try to loosen. Old mechanic trick,tighten ,breaks loose screw,allowing letgo in.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts