Honda Rebel Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had many more adventures planned on this bike.

On Tuesday, riding home from work, I rolled up to a stoplight and was hit from behind by a lady in a minivan. It was one of the most painful experiences of my life. But God was merciful to me and while I'm hurt and probably will be for a while it could have been much worse. Wear your gear folks!!!

The bike on the other hand is WAY beyond repair.

So, I'm going to take the winter to recover, probably fight with insurance, and decide what bike to buy to replace my first motorcycle ever. I may even shed a few tears. But I think it's ok for a guy to cry over a motorcycle. :)

If I'm honest I think I'll be looking for something bigger than a 234cc Rebel.

So when the dust settles I'll probably have a few spare parts for anyone who wants them.

Y'all have been great. Thank you.

·
Super Moderator
29,654 Posts
Wow. I'm surprised you got through that with all your body parts still attached. Wonder if she was on her cell phone. Phones, and the idiots that use them while driving, have led to a lot of injury and death. Be sure to get something from her insurance for your pain and suffering.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Glad your ok. Bike sure is mangled!
I got rear ended doing 40 mph luckily I was in my car. Kid was on a cell phone . Cop felt ( something) for her and let he off easy. I bet she still still uses her phone while driving. No lesson learned.

·
Registered
6,094 Posts
Holy cow! This is one of my nightmares! Well wishes to a speedy recovery!

·
Super Moderator
3,869 Posts
that is a shame - glad you're alright

·
Premium Member
1,754 Posts
WOW what a surprise!! Got broadsided by a guy running a stop sign while out for a test drive on a Honda scrambler October 23rd, 1969. Took 9 months to get better. Hang in their (With time this to shall pass)

·
Registered
387 Posts
cdarnold - Sorry to hear about this. I'm glad you're hurt no worse than you are. If you do think you'd like to pick up another Rebel, about the time you're feeling healed up, mine will be for sale. I've got a 3,000 mile 2016 that is in great shape. Either way, I hope you come out on the good side with your health and with the insurance company(s).

·
Registered
30 Posts
Thanks for the share, best with recovery and your next bike purchase. I too love the rebel for a number of reasons. Looks like yours had some custom touches.

·
Registered
6,572 Posts
I had many more adventures planned on this bike.

On Tuesday, riding home from work, I rolled up to a stoplight and was hit from behind by a lady in a minivan. It was one of the most painful experiences of my life. But God was merciful to me and while I'm hurt and probably will be for a while it could have been much worse. Wear your gear folks!!!

The bike on the other hand is WAY beyond repair.

So, I'm going to take the winter to recover, probably fight with insurance, and decide what bike to buy to replace my first motorcycle ever. I may even shed a few tears. But I think it's ok for a guy to cry over a motorcycle. :)

If I'm honest I think I'll be looking for something bigger than a 234cc Rebel.

So when the dust settles I'll probably have a few spare parts for anyone who wants them.

Y'all have been great. Thank you.

View attachment 109526
Main thing is you are alive to tell us about it. I hope you heal quickly.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Main thing is you are alive to tell us about it. I hope you heal quickly.
Maybe discuss your situation with a lawyer to get what is owed you. Plus don't forget to include lasting injury or pain as you get older. Injuries have a way of coming back to haunt us as we age.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts