Honda Rebel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of November's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guis ! Where can I connect a tachometer in Rebel 125CA ? Is it electrical or mechanical meter ? How it looks like ? Thanks in advance. Gábor

·
Super Moderator
1987 CMX250C AC
2,737 Posts
use an "inductive tachometer", google for local source

Reactions: Gabor the rebel

·
Super Moderator
31,333 Posts
Would the Rebel's "wasted spark" need to be taken into consideration/calibration?

·
Super Moderator
1987 CMX250C AC
2,737 Posts
Would the Rebel's "wasted spark" need to be taken into consideration/calibration?
Yes it would, there may be a setting to account for pulse every 360° revolution. Ones I've read instructions for do have method to adjust.. If there is no adjustment setting indicated RPM would be double actual revolutions..
Wired Analog tachometers also have the same discrepancy, many Universal versions have a switch to adjust for wasted spark engines..

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hi ! Sorry, I do not understand, what is the wasted spark. As I think becose this is four-stoke enine one cyinder ned spark every secund revolution, realy have got in every revolution both cylinder?
In the tachometer there are two button. You can adjust 2 or 4 stroke type.
Gabor

·
Super Moderator
31,333 Posts
Both spark plugs fire with every revolution of the crankshaft, but only one cylinder is in the compression position. The other cylinder is in the exhaust position when that plug sparks, so it is "wasted". Even though the Rebel engine is 4 stroke, you should set the tachometer to 2 stroke due to the wasted spark system.

·
Super Moderator
1987 CMX250C AC
2,737 Posts
^^^^^ What flitecontrol said ^^^^^
But some tachometers have settings to adjust for 1 spark per revolution
Font Number Screenshot

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Both spark plugs fire with every revolution of the crankshaft, but only one cylinder is in the compression position. The other cylinder is in the exhaust position when that plug sparks, so it is "wasted". Even though the Rebel engine is 4 stroke, you should set the tachometer to 2 stroke due to the wasted spark system.
Thak you very mutch. I hve ordered a tachometer to adjust the PILOT screw.
Thanks !

1 - 12 of 12 Posts