Honda Rebel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of November's Ride of the Month Challenge!
21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
649 Posts
Sounds great, TRW. But at the time of morning I only keep hitting the snooze on 3 alarms. I hate getting up, even when my mind keeps telling me all I can accomplish...body doesnt listen:nonono:

·
Registered
240 Posts
The camel back is a great thing for hydration, but i hate things on me when its hot. Does anyone make a handlebar mounted system. I can also recommend wearing white clothing, Try a pair of off white jeans and a white baggy long sleeve fruit of the loom t-shirt.

·
Registered
13,264 Posts
Getting ready for a 6000 km week starting Monday. Vancouver to Fredericton. I'll be in full leathers the whole way, so here's hoping for moderate temperatures.

·
Super Moderator
13,126 Posts
Good luck and have a great time on your trip.

·
Registered
13,264 Posts
Thanks, It's been great so far.. 7200 kms since leaving home including some interesting side tours.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Jwlh001 - There are tang bags that will accept a water filled bladder in the same manner as the camelback backpack. I was looking at tank bags yesterday and picked one up for a new bike. I did not go with the one that has the water bladder but I saw at least one at the store that did. I don't think you would want to attach something like that to the handlebars but as a tang bag it is fine.

·
Registered
311 Posts
I'll take 110 degree weather in most places over the 90-100 degree weather we have been getting here because we get 80 - 90% humidity along with it. At least when I rode in the southern states in 100 - 120 degree weather it was a dry heat compared to the crap we have had where I live the last few weeks.

·
Super Moderator
13,126 Posts
I'll take 110 degree weather in most places over the 90-100 degree weather we have been getting here because we get 80 - 90% humidity along with it. At least when I rode in the southern states in 100 - 120 degree weather it was a dry heat compared to the crap we have had where I live the last few weeks.
We get the same high humidity here in Oklahoma.

·
Registered
774 Posts
Yankee rider.... no I wasn't mocking. Just ribbing you a bit.
Ideally I would ride in the 70 degree realm also. I just don't have that luxury this time of year. Although I am glad I have a dry heat.

·
Registered
805 Posts
I'm leaving 1 am Tuesday morning to ride to Kingman, AZ then doing it again to Page, AZ and then one more time to Marysvale, UT.

I hate heat! Especially when its getting over 105 or so, yuck.

·
Premium Member
11,918 Posts
I'd like to but with ATTGATT I just can't bring myself to do it unless it's really early in the am.
The proper ATTGAT makes all the difference. Re: sun-absorbing black leather versus sun reflecting bright colored ventilated mesh, black helmet vs white helmet, etc...

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
White helmet, yellow Roadcrafter with vents open. As long as I'm moving, I'm good. Went to our monthly Moto Guzzi breakfast and ended up riding around Mt Rainier. Still lots of snow at the top of the pass. Coming home it was about 103F, felt warm but not terrible. Until I got into Leavenworth, and the dimwit tourists doing 15 in a 35. ~sigh~

·
Registered
27 Posts
I've been riding less in this heat but still riding. Always wearing my FF, armored jacket, boots and gloves. Yeah If I'm going anywhere that sweat stains aren't acceptable I drive with the AC but otherwise, I'm on the bike!!

·
Registered
140 Posts
i am located in central florida. we have heat and humidity here like nobody's business! i pack water and usually buy more or fill up my container. staying hydrated with fruit too, during those long rides into triple-digits.

sunscreen - check!

light weight long sleeve shirt - check!

lip balm - check!

shade is lovely with a nice breeze!

·
Registered
13,264 Posts
I just completed a 12,000 km ride across Canada, and this was really the first long ride I had done where heat was the big issue. Usually it has been cold and rain.
I found my armored leathers were a bit heavy and warm in the conditions I was in, but even with a lined suit that would allow for liner removal in hot weather, you still need to be able to pack the liner etc. which cuts into your already limited packing space. I guess if you know in advance you will be in hot or cold (but not both) conditions on a given trip it would be easier to plan your wardrobe..
Guess I need to look into a top box for the Beemer.

·
Registered
6,590 Posts
It's been relatively cool around here so far this summer. Relatively cool by local standards meaning hardly over 100 much. I ride MOTTGATT. Even when it's cool out, I don't have the protective pants. With temps in the nineties, I feel great as long as I'm moving, but I have to stop and hydrate every hour or so. I had an unpleasant episode with heat stroke last year, so I'm much more careful than I used to be. I'm determined to ride the hill country this fall. If I have to carry beverages and take frequent stops along the way, that's fine. There's hardly a place to stop that isn't a great view anyway.

21 - 38 of 38 Posts