Honda Rebel 250 & 450 Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of November's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1986 Honda rebel cmx250c
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Working on my first honda rebel and was wondering if anyone might know where I can order a dolt and hardware kit "for fenders, tank, and so forth," motor, tires, most cables and stuff came on bike just need mentioned, or if any suggestions would be great thanks

·
Super Moderator
31,959 Posts
Welcome to the forum. What year Rebel and cc displacement do you have?

·
Premium Member
1985, 86 CMX250C, 81 CM200T, 74 CL360, Invisible to cages, treat them accordingly. Avoids Road RAGE!
2,875 Posts
Welcome!
I know that a few of us have some extra parts laying around. If you are specific, we'll PM you as to what we've got. This'll save both you & us from many duplicate PMs asking for this information.
Much of my "spare stock" has been used to replace rusted parts from Rebels that've been stored outdoors. If you are planning to refinish the parts, even more will be available.
Menards has a good selection of chromed & stainless steel nuts & bolts. I've used them a few times.

·
Premium Member
1985, 86 CMX250C, 81 CM200T, 74 CL360, Invisible to cages, treat them accordingly. Avoids Road RAGE!
2,875 Posts
Welcome to the forum. What year Rebel and cc displacement do you have?
Did the same as I frequently do, & forgot to read the name of the post! Happens to all of us. Laughing at myself in retrospect as well.

·
Super Moderator
31,959 Posts
Correct as usual, Emil! He even has the bike in his signature.

·
Super Moderator
31,959 Posts
Many of the bolt sizes are listed in the parts fiche: 1986 HONDA CMX250C A - REBEL Parts | OEM MOTORCYCLE Parts | Partzilla.com

If you can determine the bolt sizes, a store that carries metric fittings may have them for far less than a dealership would charge. Sometimes bike dismantlers will collect the bolts removed from parts bikes and sell them in a lot. It's hit or miss as they don't list the individual bolt sizes, but usually fairly cheap for what you get. 1986 Honda CMX250 Rebel H372-1) misc bike bolts parts mounts brackets | eBay

And then there's this: HONDA REBEL CB250 CMX250 CM250 250C STAINLESS BOLT SCREW KIT POLISHED SET | eBay

·
Registered
1986 Honda rebel cmx250c
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Many of the bolt sizes are listed in the parts fiche: 1986 HONDA CMX250C A - REBEL Parts | OEM MOTORCYCLE Parts | Partzilla.com

If you can determine the bolt sizes, a store that carries metric fittings may have them for far less than a dealership would charge. Sometimes bike dismantlers will collect the bolts removed from parts bikes and sell them in a lot. It's hit or miss as they don't list the individual bolt sizes, but usually fairly cheap for what you get. 1986 Honda CMX250 Rebel H372-1) misc bike bolts parts mounts brackets | eBay

And then there's this: HONDA REBEL CB250 CMX250 CM250 250C STAINLESS BOLT SCREW KIT POLISHED SET | eBay
I was wondering if I could find metric bolts and what not to use but wasn't sure if anyone had problems using different then oem

·
Registered
1986 Honda rebel cmx250c
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I was wondering if I could find metric bolts and what not to use but wasn't sure if anyone had problems using different then oem
Thanks for your help, finding original parts for this bikes been challenging, looked everywhere for a battery tray and cover with no luck ended up taking it to work and fixing it my self.

·
Super Moderator
31,959 Posts
For what you are using them for, regular bolts should be fine. Be aware that some of those oem bolts have specialty features standard bolts don't have.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts