Honda Rebel Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there- my 2005 Rebel 250 was knocked over while parked, and unfortunately where the handlebars mount to the fork, those mounts have bent and are now misaligned. As far as I can tell, both visually and while riding, the fork itself is fine, just the handlebars mounts are bent/misaligned between the left and right mount. See picture below.

My question is, is it possible to replace just the handlebar mount portion of the fork? Looks like it can be as there are bolts for the mounts that appear underneath the mounts. Anyone have a part name or part #?

How easily/difficult is this job, and any tutorials (videos or articles/posts) out there on how to do it?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Found out they are called "handlebar risers" and are removable separate from the fork.

Any tips/tricks on this replacement are still welcome. :)

·
Super Moderator
29,134 Posts
With a minor fall like this, I would suspect one of the lower handlebar holders (number 12 in this diagram 2009 Honda CMX250C A HANDLEBAR | Cheap Cycle Parts ) has been knocked out of alignment. They are rubber mounted to help absorb vibration. Over tightening them increases felt vibration. Loosen both sides, align them evenly into the top bridge fork (#11) and tighten them as close to the torque required to loosen them. That should fix it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
With a minor fall like this, I would suspect one of the lower handlebar holders (number 12 in this diagram 2009 Honda CMX250C A HANDLEBAR | Cheap Cycle Parts ) has been knocked out of alignment. They are rubber mounted to help absorb vibration. Over tightening them increases felt vibration. Loosen both sides, align them evenly into the top bridge fork (#11) and tighten them as close to the torque required to loosen them. That should fix it.
Thanks, bought the handlebar risers and "fork tree" on ebay for $32 shipped. Only ended up needing the risers. All is fixed now!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts